WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make WooCommerce Layered Nav widget available on all pages

The Layered Nav widget should be able to be shown on all pages of the site, not just product pages. If you're setting up a commerce site, you want clients to be able to search by product attributes when they first click into your site (on the home page) without having to make the home page your Shop page.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Related Products - Backend option to choose if we wanna show TAG or CATEGORY related products.

Related Products - Backend OPTION to choose if we wanna show TAG or CATEGORY related products on the single product page.

the current related item function doesn't work at all.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. UPC code field in product

this is the basic form of tracking besides SKU,
    if like me you carry 15000 products and sell on Amazon
    --------- this is CRITICAL--- surprised this is not on Woo as its on Magento and other eCommerce platforms out of the box

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove Add to Cart Button for Specific Products, but show price

Remove Add to Cart Button for Specific Products, but show price

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Coupons - Fix or improve 'Limit usage to X items' function

A good idea might be to add the ability to choose if the coupon is applied to the lowest valued item, the highest valued, a certain category, first/last added item etc. Just the ability to discount a single item in the cart that matches the criteria with a coupon code.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adding Download Button for discount 100%

adding directly "download" button , for downloadable products with a discount of 100 % , without going through the checkout.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. URLs for variable products

A main feature that is missing for me when working with variable products is that I can't have different urls for the different variations. I'm thinking about something like /productname/variation/ so for example /levis-trousers/blue

My main thought is, that I want to be able to send a friend the link to the color and without to tell him to go to this product and select the color blue for example.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mass edit categories and filter subcategorie

Mass edit categories and change order of categories because actually when you create categories, the first begin the last in the order.

It would be great to get drop down as product for categories and sub categories to find more easier when we have a lot of them

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve Product Variations

With the current system you have to setup your attributes and then apply them to the product.

Now products with three drop boxes and each box has 10 options all with different prices you would have to implement 1000 different variations which would take forever.

Imagine if you have 4 drop boxes all with 10 options. You would have 10,000 possible combinations.

The system currently used by Woo Commerce is old and needs improving.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. filter options based on product categories instead of using layered menu

so you don't have to make attributes (like a brand for example) to get filters working

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reports Best Selling Attributes

Our client has a shop that sells a type of product with different "flavours" as attributes. It would be so useful to get a report of the best selling flavours to aid marketing and stock levels.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Validate user registration

The admin have to accept the user registration before he can buy in the shop.
    The user fill the form and send the registration info, and the admin receive an email informing of this registration. The user also receive an email explaining that the admin has to accept his registration.
    And when he is accepted, the user receive an email and can enter to the shop.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. give us back "sort by inventory" in the products page

Since the upgrade to 2.0, we have lost the ability to sort by product inventory level in the product admin screen. for myself, this is a vital and basic feature that is no longer available. we were able to sort by stock levels, set those higher stocked products as featured, import our CSV inventory feed from our distributor and sort again by stock levels to see what has changed, move ALL out of stock products to pending at the same time, etc.

Even with the inventory extension offered for an extra $29, you can not do these basic functions for…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Action hooks on product data tabs.

It would be nice if there were action hooks on each product data tab. These could be used to add specific instructions to users about each tab.

Some have hooks, but others do not.

For example: The attribute tab. Users currently have to save a post after adding attributes in order for them to appear in the variations tab. I want to add a nice little paragraph explaining that to users, but there is currently not a hook to do so.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Different consumer and distributor ordering options through WooCommerce

I have a situation where I want to use WooCommerce to allow consumers and distributors to see and order different products through the same site. For example, I want consumers to come, browse products, buy, etc but without seeing the larger, bulk ordering options that distributors can order. I would expect that distributors would have to login to see the "distributor" options.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide empty categories when layered filter is set to OR

An easy setting that already is made by Nicola Mustone - WooCommerce. Pleas enable this by default or give a choice.

woocommerce/includes/widgets/class-wc-widget-layered-nav.php

if ( $count > 0 ) {
    echo '<li ' . $class . '>';
    echo '<a href="' . esc_url( apply_filters( 'woocommerce_layered_nav_link', $link ) ) . '">' . $term->name . '</a>';

echo ' <small class="count">' . $count . '</small></li>';
    }

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Multiple Sale Date Ranges

I have a client that sells used furniture. The client sets an original price, which drops every 'x' days for an 'x' amount of price changes. I would like the ability to have multiple date ranges for sales (5 would be sufficient for most cases I think).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make non-price changing attributes display the same as price changing attributes on order screen

Hi There,

We've spotted that when an order is placed, any variations/attributes that don't affect the price are displayed as slugs, rather than titles.

This has resulted in one of our clients, who sells t-shirts, sent the wrong colour because they just changed the name of the attribute variation, whereas the slug remained the same.

Furthermore, I cannot imagine it's great usability for people (as this client sells a lot of green t-shirts, every attribute is "23902-green", for example).

I think it'd be better as titles.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Within the individual order screen need a "Next Order" button or "Previous Order"

while editing and saving an order, we need a Next Order and Previous Order button so we don't have to keep going back out to the Order Screen. It takes too many clicks to go out and come in back and forth all day.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Local Pickup" option need to be able to add in sales tax

Please add in the capability for the "local pickup" option to have a state sales tax associated with it. I"m really surprised this is not already a standard feature. Because even if a buyer purchases an item who is not from our state, but then selects the "local pickup" option, we are required to collect sales tax from this purchase based on the fact it was a local pickup in the state.

Please add this functionality in the next core update of woocommerce.

Thanks

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base