WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sales by State feature in Reports

Incorporating a Sales by State feature in the reports so we can use it fill out our Monthly Sales Tax Returns.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Admin Collapse/Expand Product Categories

when we have a large number of categories in the back-end it would be great to have folding categories, categories that collapse/expand or accordion style. for the product categories page.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Key improvements for management of Variations

When there are many variations in a product, maintaining the list is very slow because:

1. The one-click "Link all variations" button produces a very unordered & messy list of all variations.
    2. Please add filters to the variations tab in the same way the WP admin screen has filter drop-downs for Products.
    3. Auto-highlight (or offer to auto-remove) variations that have zero value or at least auto-disable them.
    4. Add a bulk edit button for weight & size.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set the order of attributes (dropdown entries)

The order of entries within the dropdowns (attributes) are listed in the order they were data entered. Please allow the attribute list to be re-ordered to tidy-up the dropdowns.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Thumbnail images next to available downloads links in My Account dashboard

For downloadable products a user has brought, wouldn't it be good to have a thumbnail image as well as a link?

This would make it a much better experience for the user who is looking to quickly re-download the product have purchased from their My Account dashboard

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Product Options with Price Modifiers

We sell Rolex Watches and we price modifiers in our current cart like this.

Add 1.5 CT Round Brilliant(+1800)

It's not a new items or sku, our attribute system lets use use price modifiers that can change product weight and price. Here is a logic example:

Small(-25,-0.25) Decrease price by 25, decrease weight by 0.25
    Medium(-10%,+1) Decrease price by 10%, increase weight by 1
    Large(0,+2) Price will remain the same, increase weight 2
    X-Large(+10.00) Increase price by 10

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. coupons

like to add a start date into the standard coupons module so a can set up a list off upcomming discount codes and that they start automaticly when the date arrives.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Grouped Products to included Variable Products

Please can Grouped Products include "Variable Products"??? There are very many instances where a group of products could have individual variables - a fashion outfit for example could be purchased as a group (shirt, pants, tie) but would need to allow for selecting sizes for each. So just one variation per item would do the trick!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. related product short code or widget

It would be great to have a related short code or widget so you could display the related product where you wanted them.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Digital Product Download Log

It would be great to see the download history of digital product downloads including the date/time and IP address. This would be incredibly helpful when fighting payment disputes with payment providers.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add filter for endpoint page titles

I'd like to change Thank you -page title and was surprised it is not in the template file nor has a filter to change it.

I can manipulate the_title filters to achieve the title change, but the WC_Query::get_endpoint_title() could have a filter to ease up things.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Shopping Cart price rules - WooCommerce

This is a very important functionality, the same as coupons but the user does not need to enter code:
    10% discount on orders over...
    Buy X Get Y free..
    Free shipping on orders over...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Option to Coupon Setup to Delete Automatically

I use Follow Up emails that creates new coupons for various things. This is great but after a while you have a huge database of useless coupons because they have expired or used their limit.
    Add an option to the coupon setup page to automatically delete this coupon upon expiration or limit used.
    This way you won't have to think about it and your coupon database stays clean!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hooked title in the content-product.php template

The Product Archive template, content-product.php, hardcodes in the product title like so:

<h3><?php the_title(); ?></h3> (https://github.com/woothemes/woocommerce/blob/master/templates/content-product.php#L61)

I find it's typically best to stick to the core templates for ease of upgrades, but this one little restriction has required me to override content-product.php in the theme numerous times. Often I'm just adding a class or changing it to an h2 or whatnot.

I think there are two sensible and low-friction solutions here.

A good solution would be a to put the title into a new function which is then called by a new woocommerce_shop_loop_item_title action. This would echo the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. update stock after click on "add to cart" button

In this way a single product in stock can not be ordered at the same time by two people.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Wooemails responsive

I don't even know why I need to submit this to the wooideas... the world is fucking mobile... make the woocommerce emails responsive... its a very, very basic functionality that a smart company would have had done YEARS ago...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Featured image and product gallery on same meta box

Creating a different meta box for product galleries was definitely needed, but I feel like this is not quite the optimal solution.

Featured images and product galleries are usually added together when creating a product, therefore we need to put them into the same meta box.

Just like any other shopping cart, the first image must be automatically set as the featured image and the following added to the gallery, with an option to reorder, delete or set as featured.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Global attribue pricing

It would be nice if Woocommerce offered some sort of batch editing or define price increases based on attributes that go across the board. An example would be I had an attribute "Black" and if that option is chosen, it would add "$50" to the base price of any product. This would be far easier than having to into each product and choose variable and update the price from there. I've been looking for a solution to this but have had no luck. This should be a core feature in my opinion.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow users to disable only button css and keep layout css (Minimal)

Within the admin you can select color themes. Additionally you can disable styles completely. It would be great to have an option to be able to disable all buttons styles for example and keep all css related to the layout of the page. Because of the generic nature of the class names (.button) the woocommerce themes are overiding the styling of sites we have already built

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base