WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WooCommerce automatic pages creation when network activated.

It would be nice if we could network activate WooCommerce and have the pages created upon creation of the new blog. Right now, it only give you the message to create the pages if you activate WooCommerce on per blog bases. But if you have it network activated you have to manually create each page. Or at least display the message to create the pages with one click, just like per blog bases.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the ability to specify/exclude categories for display using the [product_categories] shortcode

This would give flexibility when displaying categories on pages for example, you could have a category 'indoor' with various subcategories (eg. chairs, tables etc) and then display on home page using shortcode under the heading "Indoor products". I guess you coudl also use this for displaying brands as subcategories...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need a better process for pushing a development site live without overwriting order activity

You guys strongly encourage using a development environment but are strangely silent about the fact that pushing the staging site live will overwrite any order activity on the live site that happened between when the staging copy was pulled and when the staging site gets pushed live.

You need to provide at least a correct procedure for doing this without loosing accounting information. It seems crazy to me that this hasn't been addressed. There must be lots of stores out there with no sales, or everyone would be screaming about this glaring oversight.

As soon as WooCommerce is added to…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to encrypt users Personal Information

Storing users address details unencrypted in the wp_usermeta table leaves this data vulnerable in the event of a sql hack.

Would love to have the option to encrypt users order details when they are being written to the table and decrypted when needed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add video to featured product image

I'm missing the option to add videos to the product image gallery.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improved Admin Search Orders

Once your woocommerce site hits 100,000+ orders, searching for an order via the wordpress admin -> order page can take a long time. For my site, my search request always times out (90 seconds+) for a search, and I am running a very powerful set up hardware wise.

So I found a way to include a dropdown on the Order page, so you can select the field you want to search by, then I changed the query to only search for the specified field from the dropdown. This changed the query time from 90 seconds+ to 1-3 seconds.

My way…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multi-site and Multi-store

Multi-site and Multi-store please

Its simple I have magento working on three domains, all with the same backend, I can add products and choose which store they appear in, I can customised PDF invoices and confirmation emails for the domain ordered from and have store views for different languages.

I do not want to share carts, only products across different domains

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Email alert for incomplete orders

In WooCommerce there are several settings for emails New order, Processing Order etc. It would be really good if there was an email alert sent to the admin of the site for incomplete orders - ie timed out, pending order, credit card transaction didn't go through. I don't look at my Orders daily but have just found 4 that haven't gone through the checkout process correctly. If there was an email alert I would have known about these days ago.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Coupon Code applied after Total Sales

Right now coupon codes are deducted before tax, which in our opinion changed from previous versions. Here in Switzerland as well as all of Europe, coupon codes should be deducted from the total sales at the very end of the order. So, if total amount is 80€ including tax and i have a 20€ coupon discount, final amount needs to be 60€.
    At least bring back the old check box on the coupon code page, so we can set it up the way needed, before or after tax. Thanks a lot.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. REST API for Multi-Vendor Android and IOS device

At this time there are no Product Vendor specific REST API Endpoints

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dropdown menu to restrict order search to certain fields

We want to be able to restrict the order search in the admin menu to single fields with a dropdown menu.

Why? We need to be able to search orders by shipping/billing country. The current search field is useless for this, as the country is saved as country code in the database. Thus when we search for "nl", it will return any order that includes the letters "nl" in any of the fields.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adding additional functionality to the WooCommerce Layered Nav widget

It would be nice if there was a 3rd query type, apart from "AND" and "OR", that would allow the user to only select one category, and when they swap categories the previously selected one then becomes un-selected.

It would also be nice to have the option to hide categories that return a value of "0".

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add search by SKU in dashboard

I'd love to see the searches in the dashboard area search based on SKU, both on the product listing page and on the up-sell/cross-sell search results.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Filter orders by date of completion, and or date of status change.

Dates of orders changing status of any kind are vitally useful, having ONLY the date created search option is VERY limiting. Every single user of the woocomerce platform could benefit from adding more date search-ability and the information is all present in the comments section of date created.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Solution for Google Requirement to use GTIN for Variable Products

It's my understanding that Google Merchant will require GTIN for all products by 5/16/16. Stores selling Variable products with size/color variations will now need to create 20+ variations for each product and load the GTIN from there.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Music download wocommerce version.

Music download wocommerce version. ,with sample audio player and other bells and whistles ,we want to be able to make our own www.traxsource.com ,www.beatport.com & Many others.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save a search / search alerts

Let the user save their search query and receive an email when new items match the search query. Similar to eBay's saved search. This goes beyond a wishlist as that requires the user to add a particular product. Saved search is completely flexible in that it allows the user to specify the text to search the product inventory by. I couldn't find a plugin that does this - but if there is one, please let me know.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Single product cart price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT

Hi there, knows anybody how to makethe settings to view the price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT on single product cart??

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Expiry Date on Products

As far as I know you can only set the expiry date on downloadable product.

It would be great if you could set the time and date of when the product should disapear in the catalogue and.
    The seam feature like the "Publish Date" where you can set the time the product should apear.

Did I miss something or is there nothing out there to do that?

Thanks

Mike

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Product personalization text field.

My client sells products inscribed with buyer name. So we need a way to let buyer type in one name to be inscribed, such as Joseph or Andrew or Spike, etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base