WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. import export shop settings

Have had a couple of instances where I needed to duplicate the shop settings from site to site... a user has multiple businesses, and or moving the site w/o doing a full db clone. Would be cool if the WooCommerce settings could be exported/imported without having to manually reconfigure the shop.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    needs research  ·  9 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set low stock notification threshold per product (rather than globally)

Right now it seems like the qty at which to send a low stock notification is set globally (once for all products). This creates problems if you have different lead times with suppliers. For instance, if you have a product that sells once per day and reorders have a two week leadtime, you need to set the notification to trigger at qty 20 or so to be safe. If you have an item that hardly ever sells, and you can restock it within a few days, maybe a low-stock notification of qty 1 will work.

I think it is vital…

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  15 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set GTIN as a field like/next to SKU

GTIN is a must have Field for every single product, and of course for each variation. Ull ned it for almost every market place or pricing websites.
    GTIN is a international identifier for products and it is not an attribute.

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  10 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Idea - An admin function to duplicate orders

Can you add an admin function to duplicate an order or to create a new order from an existing transaction? We sell equine feed supplements. We have a large percentage of phone orders where we manually create each order. Our clients will order the same products for 3-4 months. It would be nice to be able to auto fill their bill to and ship to information from a previous order or to duplicate the previous order with a new order number.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  9 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. layered navigation hide out of stock items

When people use the layered navigation plugins that are available they dont want to know if you make a product in their size they want to know if you HAVE a product in that size! :) If it could only show items that are still in stock the world would be a better place!

I noticed that the layered nav widget uses the attributes values to function.
    This works fine for most products. However, for variable products, shouldn't it use the variations values data instead to show what's available?
    In a test I did, I edited a variable product, and…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  19 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Merging Woo orders

It would be nice if we could merge orders!
    Sometimes users make other orders and this is a huge workflow problem. This could be solved easily with "merge order" functionality.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Shop Page. Ability to create a square thumbnail, without the “default” cropping

Shop Page. Ability to create a square thumbnail, without the “default” cropping.
    Currently, the square Thumbnail crops the picture on the top and bottom, to make the square shape.
    Example, Take a picture (.png or .jpg) of a pair of pants, when it is put into a square thumbnail, the picture is cropped on the top and bottom. Goal: To take portrait picture and scale it to a “square” thumbnail, with ‘white space’ on the left and right. Also, have the ability to change color of the ‘white space’ or make transparent.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto restore stock when orders are cancelled/refunded

when an order is marked cancelled/refunded it will restock automatically and update order notice, would be nice also to have an email notification of restock.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prices display including tax in the order edit screen.

Woocommerce to have an extra column in the edit order screen. This column displays the tax inclusive price per product line. That way if you want to reduce a product price you can just enter the tax inc price and the website does the calculations for you.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hide out of stock variations, but not out of stock products

Hide out of stock variations, but not out of stock products. Currently Woocommerce has an option to hide out of stock products from the catalog, the problem is that this option hides products and variations. It would be nice if they were separate. In our store, we would like to hide just out of stock variations, but still show out of stock products.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatically calculate variation prices

Each attribute used for a variation has a value, so does the base product. When creating all variations, its them a manual task to calculate with a calculator the variation price then add to the sale price.
    It would be far easier if an attribute differential price could be set, then this used to calculate the variation price with link all variations. It is currently a maintenance nightmare. This method could also be used to easily update prices, if for example only one element of the price changes such a the price of one attribute.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reset Download Limits

Okey, we have downloadable+virtual product, with limit of 2 downloads.
    There would be great if administrator can upgrade that product version, for example from version 1.0 to 1.1 etc. and reset download limits for all users who bought that product before. Because for now we must enter each user and reset that limit manually when new version comes up.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Makes states Woocommerce configurable

Add a method to limit the states before clicking "place order", similar to the limit countries function.

Many retailers either cannot or do not want to ship to every state.

Using "woocommerceaftercheckout_validation" function is not acceptable, since this happens after the order has been placed.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Display all Product Variations

The ability to display product variations on a product category page? or any pages for that matter? Maybe create a shortcode for this? This would be very useful when filtering products using layered navigation!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display attributes (ie. size, color) under product image on archives page

Users cannot add-to-cart variable products from the category pages. They're forced to go to individual product pages to do so.

Many other stores already offer that option. It's a much needed addition.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Autocomplete off

New property for “checkout fields”:
    autocomplete = on/off

To be able to turn off autocomplete for certain fields as described here for other properties such as “placeholder”, etc.: https://docs.woothemes.com/document/tutorial-customising-checkout-fields-using-actions-and-filters/

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WooCommerce - Single image for multiple products

Something that I've run into during my present project was the inability to attach an existing image from either my media library or NextGEN gallery to multiple products. So, I have to upload the same image multiple times, taking up my time and server space.

That or, another way to attach images to a product from your media library, or even better, your NextGen Gallery. The wordpress media library with a large amount of files is a joke to work with.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Ability to Remove Taxes for Logged in Wholesale Orders

This would probable be an add on to the Dynamic Pricing Plugin I would think but maybe not. I need the ability to not charge tax to logged in wholesaler users. This is extremely important for one of my clients that I am building a site for, if I can this this functionality this plugin will be exactly what i need.

Thanks!
    Daniel

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  6 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Single product management within an order

Ship orders in multiple batches, managing which products from a single order were shipped in which delivery. Be able process returns item by item so that item is taken out of the sales amounts and added back into stock.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Continue Shopping button on Cart and Checkout Page

Its would be a nice ease if we add Continue Shopping button on Cart and Checkout Page

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base