Need Global Availability and Resources to work with Product Vendors

I was not 100% sure which category to post this under. It is I guess a Product Vendors request however development on Product Vendors alone would not really work here I imagine. Currently global availability is just that, its set at a global level by site admin. Ultimately the way the plugin is coded it may need to be refactored in the future to allow global availability work at a Vendor admin or Vendor level inside Product Vendors.

Obviously if a Vendor sets their global availability it should only work for their products they have created and right now if they set it, it would literally work across the entire website which of course is not scalable from a marketplace perspective. Right now the developers of Product Vendors have simply switched off the global availability setting to vendors which is of course all they could do for now but it really limits the marketplace working with Woocommerce Bookings. Vendors will want global availability settings and they will want to change them from time to time but of course only effect their own bookable products and not site wide.

Likewise with resources. I feel this is most certainly a time to refactor the woocommerce bookings plugin in order to make it more seamlessly integrate with other extensions like product vendors. I believe anyone creating a marketplace will discover this limitation early on and its really a dissappointing limitation as it definitely could be a big big plus to have this work better with Product Vendors. I hope others fine this useful and maybe others have seem this limitation also. Look forward to hearing any other thoughts on this or how best to make this work moving forward. thanks for your time as always.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: March 25, 2016

7 comments

1. vascaraofficial says:

Thanks to WooCommerce Bookings, I easily booked a hotel room at a reasonable price when I travel to Jeffrey, WV, USA. On that trip I also bought a Porsche jacket at 50% discount.

2. Loran Hub says:

Pir Mehr Ali Shah Arid Agriculture University admission 2022 guideline Rawalpindi. This Particular university had made its routine running exquisitely and has managed to be ranked on the page where top universities are present for their best teaching and administrative qualities. Visit URL: https://www.entiretest.com/university-of-arid-agriculture-admission/

3. Brenden says:

Really need this feature too. In my mind what is required at the woocommerce bookings level is that the resource be able to be linked/assigned to a vendor when it is created/edited, then the vendor admin should be able to see/assign this resource to the products they create.

4. Will says:

I have vendors trying to use this feature. When they enter availability then click save changes it just disappears. Any progress?

5. JaniceB says:

This I believe used to be possible before so not sure why it was removed.

6. jamesweb says:

Hi Janice, I think it was available in the older product vendors as well but if any one vendor used it, the entire site would have had to deal with that global availability and it was not vendor specific. Basically they have just hidden it now until a better solution is available. Essentially the plugin would need to be coded in such a way that the vendor could have their own global availability but only specific to their products of course.

7. Anonymous says:

I’m having the same issue. Two questions, has this been addressed in recent releases, and why is the Global Availability option left visible to vendors when it does not work?