Multiple Products, One Resource

Here’s a situation that Bookings cannot handle with using the Resources.

Think of a hair salon. They have the option to cut someone’s hair or monitor tanning beds during the course of an hour long block.

If someone books a haircut, no tanning beds can be reserved. This works fine with the shop owner set as the resource.

But if someone books a tanning bed (the haircut can’t be selected, which is perfect), but this person can help up to 5 people with tanning beds (if they have 5) during the hour.

In theory, if a tanning bed is booked, then a haircut cannot for that hour, but the other 4 tanning beds should still be able to be reserved. This is the enhancement feature requested in the ticket.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: March 6, 2018

1 comment

1. Sally says:

this is the same issue I am having. My resources are guides that can be available for several products (activities) on 1 day. The products (activities) have a capacity of 8 or 9 people. If I make guide resource quantity 1, then only 1 person can book onto the activity. If I make the guide resource 9, then more people can book on that activity but they can also book on simultaneous activities. the guide cannot run two activities at the same time. We need the resource to have a capacity in addition to the quantity.