Conditionally send payments to different account

For merchants using multiple payment gateways, I would be beneficial to send payments a different account in Xero.
>They both relate to payment sync, firstly I only use PayPal at the moment and have set the payment account in settings to send payment to the account I use for Pay Pal in Xero, however I intend on using stripe as well in the future and so this plugin really needs to be able to conditionally send the payment to the correct account in Xero. So would need an area where you can select the enabled payment gateways and add the associated xero account.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: November 14, 2016

4 comments

1. Adam Keene says:

$100 a year and none of the features are being implemented! We use Stripe to pay in multiple currencies each currency needs to go to a different account. We need to be able to set a payment account for each gateway and each currency. PLEASE

2. Simon Maltby says:

This function is essential and it’s crazy that it’s not there. You have to tell Xero which account payment has been made to otherwise it’s useless.

I moved to Woocommerce from Nopcommerce and my old system worked perfectly, each payment method could be mapped to a Bank Account and it worked. This is a nightmare once it gets into Xero because you cannot reconcile payments.

I’m on the verge of asking for my money back

Simon Maltby
    Sim Racing Machines

3. goodbrewco says:

I too support this. Another site using multiple payment methods. The bookkeepers / accountants would love it.

4. DuncanPT says:

I support this. Our site takes payments from Stripe and PayPal but Woo sends them both to the same account in Xero. That isn’t good because they come in separate bank feeds to Xero and reconciling is very difficult. Xero’s structure makes splitting items from one account to two accounts very difficult. Much better and more logical to do this when sending from Woo.

I know Woo could parse the different streams because it prefixes “stripe” or “paypal” tothe relevant transaction reference when it send it to Xero. So you just need a mapping option to send “stripe” prefix to account 001 and “paypal” prefix to account 002. And so on so each enabled payment method in Woo.