Add global add-ons per product

Now we can add global add-ons to either All products or to specific Categories but this does not work for everyone.
Would be great if we can also add global add-ons to specific products and super-great if we can add global add-ons to a product from the product page, same way we add global attributes or custom.

Example. Global add-on “Colour” may apply to multiple products but not all. Those products do not belong to the same category nor can be grouped in one single category. Product1-Category A, Product 3-Category B, Product 21-Category X

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: September 26, 2019

1 comment

1. Countess says:

Yes yes yes, please add this!!!

Having a global “colour” add-on, for example, that you can update the colours in when you offer new colour options. BUT, at the product level, you can select the global add-on you want to assign to the product, instead of excluding the category add-on, and giving it it’s own add-on.

That is what I was expecting to be able to do with this add-one, but sadly that is not how it works ;(

I have the same colour or pattern for products in various different categories. But, not everything in that category gets this option.
    And only some items get a 2nd or 3rd add-on.

This is all well and good to code when you set up the product, but when you add a colour to your range, you have to export, then import to ALL products with that colour option. And some items have a choice of “colour” or “pattern”, some products in the same category only have colour OR pattern, not a choice of both, and you cannot exclude some of the add-ons, only all.

Please please please let me choose at product level which global add-ons are for this product !!!