Automated payments for Woocommerce Deposits

WooCommerce Deposits and Woocommerce Subscriptions have quite a lot of overlap. Its seems logical to include automated payments for Deposits. This would make it a more complete extension and possibly render subscriptions superfluous.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: October 21, 2019

5 comments

1. pieter6cbba43ff1 says:

If The subscription plugin can do automatic renewals, surely they can get this to do it too

2. dynnode says:

This is an essential feature for of our key clients. Hoping that this is released soon. Maybe in integration with PayPal, GoCardless, Revolut or Stripe.

3. Chris Richardson says:

The fact we can’t auto bill deposit amounts at the required intervals when the Subscriptions plugins exist is beyond me. How are these 2 plugins not integrated yet?

4. Nick Green says:

‘I agree that having Deposits be “manual payments only” leaves some room for growth at this point in time. These days, the goal might be to get closer to feature parity with other multi-payment solutions that we commonly see on the web which allow for automated payments.

I would envision this feature like this:

– To start, limit scope of feature to single payment gateway, such as Stripe/WC Payments
    – Add order meta fields in the parent order that store customer and billing tokens
    – Make manual/automatic payments an admin toggle, which is store-wide

There’s a ton of prior art in the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin to potentially pull from.

5. fvcontinuinged says:

It is NOT made clear to users of this plugin that the forthcoming payments must be made manually by the consumer – it is implied that it’s automatic. (This took us a fair amount of agony to figure out.) If automated auto-charging of additional payments presents a security issue, perhaps an alternative could be that the payment request email goes out once a day until the payment is made. If you can’t automate the payment, could you at least automate the request?