minicart recurring totals for sync’d subscriptions

Where a product is a subscription (variable or simple) that is sync’d to a day , the recurring total is not shown in the mini-cart.

Since WooCommerce charges the customer on the day it syncs, and in batches separate from any other products in their cart, it does not show up at all. This is misleading to the customer, and a potential liability as well.Wherever the customer is being shown their total due, it is reasonable to assume they are being shown everything that they do, and will owe. That that info is omitted, is what makes it misleading.

This does exist in the main cart & checkout, however.

I did bring this up to WooCommerce as an incomplete functionality issue, and it was agreed that this should be included, but as an enhancement.They did ask me to post it here for more community support (upvotes) to raise its priority, and so get implemented sooner.

Thanks

Dave

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: November 18, 2019

1 comment

1. Dave Ewald says:

Oh, and I was later sent a snippet that worked for me. I am posting here so others can use it until it’s directly available as part of the subscriptions plugin.

add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘enqueue_parent_styles’ );

/* hide product images in cart */
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_cart_item_thumbnail’, ‘__return_false’ );

/* hide unnecessary product info on product pages */
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_product_variation_title_include_attributes’, ‘__return_false’ );
    add_filter( ‘woocommerce_is_attribute_in_product_name’, ‘__return_false’ );
    add_filter( ‘wc_product_sku_enabled’, ‘__return_false’ );
    add_filter( ‘wc_product_posted_in_enabled’, ‘__return_false’ );

/* fix to use my header for checkout process*/
    add_filter( ‘cfw_block_elementor_assets’, ‘__return_false’ );
    add_action( ‘cfw_before_header’, function() {
    echo do_shortcode( ‘[elementor-template id=”80515″]’ );
    } );