Cut Off Time for New Subscriptions

Add cut off date for subscriptions so that the next renewal is skipped.

For example if I have a synchronized renewal date of the 1st of each month and set a cut off date of the 25th. Then the new subscriber is subscribes on the 28th and is charged the full amount and their next renewal would be the month after next.

Currently there is a grace period in subscription settings which doesn’t take the charge up front and also doesn’t allow the use of coupons…so you could add say 20% off your first month with any new subscriptions in the grace period.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: January 28, 2020

5 comments

1. byrdlarsen says:

I open my subscription to new members on the 20th-25th. I want to charge them the first box on the day they sign up, then synchronize payment on the 25th of the following month. @karuri1995 has a workaround but the verbiage used at checkout is confusing for my customers with “free trial” and “signup fees”.

2. hannahdossary says:

@karuri1995

Your workaround is great! (annoying you cant set a grace period for renewal to start).

the main issue I’m having is that in the Cart it shows all of the setup in the price column:

£10.00 every 3 months with a 2-week free trial and a £10.00 sign-up fee

Ideally I’d like for the customer to not see that it has been set up as a free trial/sign up fee as this can be very confusing.

any ideas?

3. karuri1995 says:

If you are working with regular subscriptions, the only real problem is the first month. Because all other subsequent months renew automatically based on on your schedule and charge upfront.

As a workaround, you can set up a sign up fee with a free trial. The sign up fee overrides the grace period setting and takes the payment upfront. The free trial ensures they don’t get charged twice for the first month. Hope that makes sense 🙂

4. melwatson03ffab47ba says:

Absolutely needs this feature! It’s essential for physical subscription products

5. Anonymous says:

This absolutely has to be done! I have been using Woo-commerce Subscriptions for my subscription box company for 4 years now and have been waiting for this functionality.

As of now, I have to manually input hundreds of products when people sign up after my cutoff date.