WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free product with first subscription order

Allow an admin to add free product(s) to the first subscription order.

For instance if you were selling razor blade subscriptions, then allow a free handle and handle holder to be added to the first order.

Could be handled in a similar fashion to current chained products but it would be a one-off addition.

Great sales tool and incentive

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Radio buttons instead of Checkboxes for Grouped Product when Multiple Subscriptions are Disabled

When "Allow multiple subscriptions .. to be purchased at the same time" is disabled in the WooCommerce Subscriptions settings, a customer is only able to add one subscription the cart at a time.

But, if subscriptions are part of a Grouped Product, the subscriptions are listed with checkboxes next to them for selection.

This is confusing for the customer, as it gives the impression that the customer can select multiple subscriptions, and yet when they are added to the cart only the last selected item remain in the cart. This is because the cart can only contain one subscription at…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Woocommerce subscriptions - late fees / variable billing interval

Allow a variable interval for subscription products. For example:

$50 for first 5 weeks and then $10 per week.

(In our case this would provide for a 5 week hire and then $10 week late fees until the product is returned).

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Passbook integration

A way for subscription purchases to have iPhone Passbook integration. That way "receipts" or confirmation of subscription can be opened virtually.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. WooCommerce Give Products for Subscription Add-On

I truly like the idea of the new "WooCommerce Give Products" but, after consulting with Woo, I found out it is not compatible with W00-Subscriptions... "WooCommerce Give Products" it is a great opportunity to get your services know and traffic for your commerce website.

I, for one, would benefit from that additional capability...anybody else?

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Subscriptions to have a start date (in other words, allow free trials to a have a specific end date)

Please allow Subscriptions to have a start date or allow free trials to a have a specific end date. That way Subscriptions can be used more for Booking say Tennis lessons which all begin on a specific date. Thank you

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. WooCommerce Subscriptions - Allow Backorder "Presell"

There are a number of products that we "pre-sell" on our site by allowing backorders. I would love for the subscriptions to handle backorders by starting their subscription payments when the item becomes in stock.

Thanks

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Subscription expiration date...

I truly like the subscription module but I would love to see the chance to overwrite a subscription with a "Shop Manager, manually entered" expiration date. That way I could have subscription length be one year and set the expiration date to a specific date...

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export current subscribers in woocommerce subscriptions

I would like to see the option to run reports and export / download a list of current subscribers so it can be handed off to a third party (eg print house).

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set a date for gift subscription

You should be able to select a date for the gift to go out on gift subscriptions. This probably needs to be linked up with the adding pre-purchase to subscriptions. So basically someone goes in, buys this 1 year of subscription for their friend... and then the system waits till that day, sends out an email for them to claim their account and that THAT creates a new order that starts the subscription process.

Most people dont want to gift a never ending subscription... They want to buy them x amount of time and send it to them on their…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. WooCommerce Deposits and WooCommerce Subscriptions Compatibility

Here's a problem I am facing. I am building a mobile app design website and I need to be able to collect a 50% deposit of the $1,995 setup fee to start building a mobile app, and then collect the other 50% of the deposit when the app is finished. I will also collect a $99 monthly payment for the maintenance fee starting after the app is finished. While the scenario I've outlined above applies for my particular application, it would also be the perfect scenario for other types of services, such as web design fee with a monthly hosting…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More Billing Period Options for Subscriptions - Quarterly & Half Yearly

We'd love it if Woo just added twice-yearly and 4-times yearly (quarterly) and even multi-year (once every 2 years) billing options for subscriptions so we can offer a discount to folks willing to pay in larger chunks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WooCommerce Subscriptions - Choose the month in which the subscription will be billed

I have a product with bianual subscription. I can choose which day of the month I want to bill the users, but I can't choose which months of the year. It would be good to choose the exact month and not only which day of the month the subscription will be billed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable 2checkout with woo commerce subscriptions

Enable 2checkout as payment gateway option

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WooSubscriptions Different Tax Rates For Subscription and Sign-Up Fee

In Louisiana a sign-up fee is at different taxable rate than the subscription. The ability to apply different tax rates to both would help this plugin gain more buy-in from accounting types.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Coupons cannot be turned off for subscription purchases

You can offer a discounted price to customers who sign up for a subscription vs doing a one time purchase but there is no way to deactivate coupons from being stacked on top of the subscription discount.

It doesn't make sense to give someone a 15% discount for a subscription and then they can plug in a 10% off coupon code on top of that.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When subscriptions renew, update shipping costs

Currently when subscriptions renew there is no new calculation of the shipping cost. Even if current shipping rates are higher. The old shipping cost saved with the parent order continues to be used. For example, subscribers from 2 years ago that pay $4.20 postage keep paying that even though the current USPS rate is $4.75. So we are losing money on the postage for each such renewal _;(

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Batch Edit Next Payment Date in Subscriptions

Fairly straightforward, I think? I'm just an end-user, not a developer and so am aware that this may be trickier than it sounds.

That said, I have X number of variable subscriptions setup for automatic renewal/billing on a quarterly basis. Each quarter, that billing/renewal date changes.

A way to update all renewal dates in one fell swoop would be great. At the moment, I am going through one by one, for all 83 of the subscriptions. Inefficient much?

Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add The Ability to buy a Gift Subscription in WooCommerce for a virtual product like a PDF.

Paying for subscription addon, and would like to be able to sell gift subscriptions from our store. Another post on here says it is completed by adding gift wrap, no, it is not. You can not gift wrap a virtual subscription. You should be able to purchase a gift subscription for someone, and when it expires, you get a notice so you can buy the gift again. Great for Newspaper sites like ours.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Order/Subscription info to Wordpress user page for Admin Purposes

When a Woo user logs into their My Account page they are presented with all of their orders and subscriptions. It would be nice if there was something similar for the administration area. When you go to a user account in Wordpress, it could list each Subscription and the orders associated to it. Everything in one place. You could almost replicate the same functionality from the front-end My Account page.

Also on the page where you can view all users, having a column where you can see active Subscriptions would be nice.

A plugin would work well for this as…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base