WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Deposits for Bookings plugin

I would like it so that I could allow clients to make partial payments or a deposit for reservations for Bookings. I don't think that this is currently possible. This may complicate things also since you'd need the option for a non-refundable amount and that amount refunded could be based on the time before the reservation. For example if someone cancels a week in advance then they may lose 10% of their deposit, but if it were just a day before then they would lose 100% of their deposit. Also, you'd need to be able to cancel that booking to…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to choose pay in full as default - woocommerce deposits plugin

I have just purchased this plugin to offer pay in full and payment plan options on some products in the woocommerce store - the plugin defaults to the payment plan with no way to choose pay in full as the default behaviour. This makes no sense as most store owners would want to take full payment if possible, but have payment plans as an option.

I managed to hack the plugin so that it changed the default behaviour, but I would not have expected to have to change code in a premium pay for plugin for such simple functionality.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deposits - Wording / Payments Method / Cash on Delivery

Currently when choosing to pay a deposit on check out it states,

x amount due
    x amount Future payments,

It would be great to enable the balance to paid as cash on delivery

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fixed Amount (not percentage) on payment plan for Deposits

Add another Payment Plan type that will allow the deposit and optionally subsequent payments to be entered as fixed amounts rather than percentages. Any product options (discounts or fees) would get calculated into the final 'Remainder Due' payment.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Deposits Compatible with Product Bundles

Currently, deposits aren't available with product bundles which makes it impossible to adjust the default global settings which is to inherit site-wide deposit settings.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Compatibility between WooCommerce Deposits and Composite Products

WooCommerce Deposits isn't currently compatible with Composite Products. It would be brilliant if this could be further developed so that the deposits plugin can be used on sites which have composite products.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. deposit plugin allow coupon for WHOLE ORDER not just initial payment

As of now the plugin only allows coupons to remove from the initial payment.. Say deposit is 10% of 100.. It only will remove $2 from a 20% coupon. Not $20!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fixed Payment-Plan Full Payment Dates

Fixed Payment Plan Full-Payment Deadline Dates:
    For merchants who sell a dated event or a dated high end travel tour (like us), or any service with a fixed payment deadline, we need to receive payment in full by a certain set date, and it isn't always 6 months out from date of purchase. For example, we sell an annual travel tour to India each February and need full payments by January 4. For those who are registering and paying deposits in June, they would have a 6 month payment plan. Someone who pays deposit and started a payment plan in…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Payment Plan administrative fee

Need the ability to add an extra amount to either the first or last payment in a payment plan to charge an administrative fee for the payment plan, See comments on issue #218

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fixed amount Deposit payment plan

We should be able to start payment plans with fixed currency amounts too, not just percentages.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow for recording of deposit payments manually.

If an item has payment plans available or deposits, and the order is entered manually, there is no way to record partial payments or deposits, or set the order as using a payment plan.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Deposits  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Filtering of Deposit Plugin Text

I was surprised to find there is no filter available for the text that is displayed on the front end for deposits. In order to override the text I would need to setup a whole translation file just for this, use the 'Say What?' plugin or hack some javascript. A very simple solution would be to add a filter to lines 112 and 114 of /woocommerce-deposits/includes/class-wc-deposits-product-manager.php

You could, for example replace lines 111-114 as such:
    $description_raw = ( 'percent' === $type ) ? __( 'Pay a %1$s deposit per %2$s', 'woocommerce-deposits' ) : __( 'Pay a deposit of %1$s per…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. WooCommerce Deposits - Ability to select a specific date and set a specific dollar amounts

Ability to select a specific date for when payments are due.

Ability to set a specific dollar amount for deposit.

Ability to add specific fee dollar amount

I am finding I have a need for both of these and hope they would be somewhat easy to add ( I hope).

Thank you for your time and consideration.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WooCommerce Deposits and WooCommerce Subscriptions Compatibility

Here's a problem I am facing. I am building a mobile app design website and I need to be able to collect a 50% deposit of the $1,995 setup fee to start building a mobile app, and then collect the other 50% of the deposit when the app is finished. I will also collect a $99 monthly payment for the maintenance fee starting after the app is finished. While the scenario I've outlined above applies for my particular application, it would also be the perfect scenario for other types of services, such as web design fee with a monthly hosting…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. WooCommerce Deposits for Manually Creating an Order

It would be great to be able to create an order manually and have the option using the partial payment & auto-generated scheduled payment features of WooCommerce Deposits.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Group subsequent payments under the same order

When an invoice is sent out for a second payment, the user received an email containing a new order number.

Ideally this payment would be grouped under the same order, without creating a new order in the wordpress backend.

Or at least there should be a better way of viewing deposit orders that are linked together

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hook to Sort/Re-Order Payment Plans

It appears Payment Plans on single product page are sorted by ID or by the order in which they were created. If you have 20 payment plans and want to re-order them you would have to delete them all and input them in the desired order. Better not make any mistakes :)

It would be nice if there existed a hook in order to do things like:
    IF product category EQUALS books THEN order by name

Or if there was a sort order setting on each payment plan it would use that.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tax Charges

I recommend Woocommerce Deposits plugin should have the ability to charge taxes one of the following ways:

- with deposit
    - Split according to deposit amount
    - with second payment

This option would make the Woocommerce Deposits plugin a lot better and more user friendly.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make WooDeposits Work with Payment Gateway Based Fees

It would be great if Payment Gateway Fees worked with WooCommerce Deposits so that the credit card fee was only added to the amount of the deposit being charged at that point in time.

If follow up payments are made via credit card the fee gets added to that part of the payment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make WooCommerce Deposits compatible with the Composite Products and Product Bundles extensions

It would be great to have SomewhereWarm's Composite Products and Product Bundles extensions compatible with WooCommerce Deposits.

We would like to be able to sell composite and bundled products on an installment plan, along with the existing WooCommerce product types.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base