WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. same order number and invoice number

Hi,

It would be awesome for accounting to have the same order and invoice number. Let me explain.

If a payment is made by credit and fail... an order is created, the customer then make a new order and new payment.

This way order and invoice do not have the same number.

For accounting we lose of time with this....

Also, it would be good to link PDF invoices and Order number in CSV exporter :) => ++++

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add another hook at the beginning of function get_product_object / class WC_Product_Factory

add hook before it is manipulate.
    there is hook at the end :

apply_filters( 'woocommerce_product_object', $the_product );

But i need filter hook base on original input of beginning ($the_product);

for example, if the $the_product is a value like 1233{23}4
    then it will have result false.

And i cannot manipulate using filter, because i lost the reference of the original value of $the_product.

Please improve this.... thank you.....

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Treat Sale as Discount (Show "Regular price – Sale price = Discount" in checkout and order data)

Say we have a $100 item.

If you have a 10% off coupon for this item, in the order export data you will see that the Order Total = $100, Order Subtotal = $90, and Order Discount = $10

However, if I have the same item on sale for 10% off you will get the following in the report.
    Order Total = $90, Order Subtotal = $90, Order Discount = $0

This leads to confusion in the order export data, as it is not correctly showing products on sale as being discounted.

The Sale is nothing but a discount offered…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Variation 'Classes'

This is a idea to extend WooCommerce internally or via extension.

You should be able to create 'Variation Classes'. These classes could be applied to products that have similar variations. I am thinking that you can apply as many classes as you want to a product.

A real world example would be like so:

An electronics site is selling an iPhone 4S. The normal variation fields are

Color:
    - white
    - black

and

Storage size:
    - 8gb
    - 16gb - Add $100.00
    - 32gb - Add $200.00

But one of the variation class fields are...

Headphone accessory:
    - Apple Cert…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. combine wooscripts for better performance and less http-requests

Hi
    Today i tried to reduce the number of woocommerce scripts.
    Manually i am able to reduce it by 5 files.
    I merge prettyPhoto script with prettyPhoto init. That saves one.
    Furthermore i merge all scripts loaded oh the shop page. That saves another 4. (allways min-versions)
    Of course this method isn't update safe. So, i was wondering if you can pick up the idea and provide a professional solution.

regards
    theo

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Currency conversion on checkout

I think currency conversion for paypal/2checkout unsupported currencies would definitely be great and useful thing.

There are many countries which currency isn't supported and this complicates things, because law states that prices should be displayed in local currency.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. captacha inegration / signup, register areas

It would be very useful to have captcha functionality by default in the system. Far too many signups happen when there is no captcha in place.

Areas to consider
    - login
    - lost password
    - new account
    - checkout process

Thanks for considering

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change registration form with gravity forms

Hi,
    Is there a way to switch/change the registration form for a new customer on the woocommece login page with that of another plugs form like gravity form user registration. I have set it up but unable to link it to login page. I just need a simple way to add extra fields including profile pictures.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add more filters (and actions) within the core WooCommerce code

For example at the moment you cannot directly add Products to a WordPress menu, it has been discussed in the support forum ( http://www.woothemes.com/support-forum/?viewtopic=58278 ) and the answer was that the WP menu system doesn't scale to hundreds/thousands of products. But if your shop only has a few products then it'd be nice to have a choice. And it's simple, if line 675 on woocommerce/woocommerce.php read " 'show_in_nav_menus' => apply_filters('woocommerce_show_products_in_nav_menu', false), " instead of just false then you could enable adding Products to the menus by using that filter.

Having additional filters within core aspects of the code, such as…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. "Agree you have read and understood the store policy" at check out

I am having a serious issue with a customer right now all because he did not ever forcefulyl agree to my store policy. We need to be able to force users to check a box signifying that they read our store policies and agree to them.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adding a start date option for Coupons

WooCommerce, currently only has an expiration date, but no start date for a coupon. It will be helpful if you can integrate this feature, so that your users can also create and set upcoming coupons for a future promotion.

For an example: a user logs on beginning of the week, goes to the Coupons section of Woocommerce, creates and sets coupons, one to start on Black Friday and one to start Cyber Monday, and so on and so on....

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Product Category Filter Widget like http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/nav/cat1/outdoorpowerequipment/0

Display the fist sub category only in my product category widget because now it will display all hiererarchy subcategory and the other option settings is display only the parent category or something like this
    http://tsc.tractorsupply.com/nav/cat1/outdoorpowerequipment/0

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a Cha-Ching notification sound after someone places an order

Just as eBay and Etsy give shop owners a satisfying 'Cha-Ching' sound after someone places an order, it would be nice to see a similar notification integrated into WooCommerce. It would be really nice if WooCommerce would send a Cha-Ching notification to an iOS or Android app so our phones would inform us of a sale.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. multiple shipping options to choose from

offer multiple shipping options to consumers.
    for example: they can choose normail mail, registered mail, next-day delivery.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Product Catalog

That would be great to have the possibility to turn of pricing and commerce features in order to have just a product catalog.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Each Cart Item Has a Unique ID for styling/js

Each post has a unique ID, so why not cart items? This way you could use css to style certain products and change how they appear in the cart. You could also use js/jquery to select specific products.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. translation

The best feature would be if WooCommerce could understand the language of your WP installation and switch between languages using a plugin like qTranslate or similar...
    thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automate Currency Rates

It would be nice if the currency rates are calculated every day automaticly. Now we need to do this by hand ...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Upgrade page after "Add to Cart"

I sell one major service, with many available upgrades. Once the customer adds the service to the cart, I'd like for them to be directed next to a page where they can select any upgrades they'd like to add onto the service. Is this possible? If not, please add this functionality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base