WooCommerce

We look forward to discussing your ideas.

NOTE: Please do not post links to/promote products outside of the WooCommerce.com catalog. This is not a sales channel. Links to outside sources, intended for spam or self-promotion, will be marked as spam.

• Vote for an existing idea (36)
  • or
  1. Split VAT on static bundle products

Hi,
    It would be nice to have VAT splitted in static product bundles extension if products have not same VAT rates.
    Product bundles extension is almost great for what I want to do, but I cannot use it because of accountancy issues:
    I would like to create a static bundle product with a physical book and cards, and of course a discount.
    The issue is that in France (and not only), books and other products have different VAT rates.
    Book : VAT = 5.5%
    Cards (or other products, even downloadable book) : VAT = 20%

Example:
    Book = 30 €…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Single product cart price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT

Hi there, knows anybody how to makethe settings to view the price netto/brutto,incl.VAT&excl.VAT on single product cart??

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    needs research  ·  2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disability VAT Exemption - Exempt VAT on shipping costs too

What I expected
    To exempt VAT both on the product that's supposed to help people with disabilities, and on the shipping cost.

What happened instead
    When I enter my VAT exemption reason, I can see the VAT amount was deducted from the product price, but not from the shipping cost

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Zero Rate VAT sent to Xero

Currently products that are marked as 'Zero Rate VAT' in WooCommerce show as 'No VAT' or 'Tax on Sales' in Xero, which results in incorrect VAT returns. This is bad news for businesses that have Zero Rate VAT products configured.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Xero  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Compatibility with WooCommerce EU VAT Number

VAT Number field is not displayed. So proceeding to checkout will display invalid VAT number.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Possibility to add VAT number on new order

And exempt VAT when the VAT number is valid.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Taxamo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. use different VAT rates in Product Add-ons

use different VAT rates in Product Add-ons, so you can combine a product of 21% VAT with an Product Add-on of 9% VAT

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. VAT per Item Unit calculation

Firstly here's some background; create a product for £1.66 and calculate a VAT of 20% on it while adding 36 items of this into the cart, Now the order has been broken down to have £11.95 VAT where as it should have been £11.88. This is because WooCommerce doesn't round VAT per unit so instead of 20% of £1.66 being 33p, WooCommerce takes it as 33.1944.

So with that in mind is there a way to add an option that the rounding per unit can be done for VAT calculations?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically fetch the latest EU VAT rates

The EU VAT plugin makes it possible for the buyer to add their VAT ID sonthat they don't have to pay tax. That's great so far. But...

It would be even better if the plugin automatically could fetch the latest VAT rates and update them accordingly. That way the user of the plugin won't manually have to keep track of all the EU VAT rates and rhe plugin would be totally automatic.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. BtoB: proper EU VAT rules extension virtual goods

Hi, for EU B2B virtual goods a lot of tweaks are necessary to use woocommerce or woocommerce subscribtion when selling also to B2C

When making a extension with all proper tax classes (now everyone has to find out the wheel again, search all EU iso codes ( the right formated ones) makes the tax classses buy the extension http://docs.woothemes.com/document/eu-vat-number-2/ to collect and verify the right VAT, and the modify the checkout form.

Rules
    Company / 'shop base country' / valid VAT= add 'shop base country'% VAT
    Company / EU but not 'shop base country'/ valid VAT

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Manual VAT validation when server is busy

The external server that validates the VAT ID is very often unavailable. That's an enormous conversion killer!
    I would want to see the following feature:

In case the server is unavailable we show the error message (as done already).
    Under the message we write "Please re-check your VAT ID, confirm below and submit your order again.".
    Under this we put a checkbox and a sentence "I hereby confirm that my VAT ID is correct and valid."

If the user checks the checkbox and submits the order again, the VAT will not be checked by the external server and we put…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add hooks to the plugin / Store the VAT result as session

We had a request from a client to remove shipping when a valid VAT number is entered. We had to customise the plugin because:

1. There are no hooks available.
    2. The VAT number and result of the VAT check are not stored in a session - or accessible before the checkout is complete, except in the $post data.

Would be great to store the VAT number and validity check in a session so it's accessible elsewhere, e.g. in 'woocommerce_package_rates' - or add some hooks / filters to the plugin so it can be extended.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Same end price despite of different VAT settings per country

I am sending products from our German and our Spanish dependance. In one case I have to add 7%, in the other I have to add 10% of VAT to the end price. BUT I want the end price to be the same among all countries, independent of VAT

Bascially, I would like to add on the single product page the "incl. x% VAT". I want the percentage to be in accordance with the language, while the product price is always the same.

For example, in the German store it should read:
    Price: 99 €, inkl. 7% reduzierte MwSt.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Compatibility with EU VAT and "account creation"

I would expect that the EU VAT and the "create account" section in WooCommerce would be part of the fields that can be edited (moved around) as well, which is not the case.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. EU VAT removal only outside of the base country

The EU VAT Number plugin needs to be improved in order to follow the EU law guidelines. Only businesess OUTSIDE of the shop base country should optionally not be charged. All businesess INSIDE of the base country must be charged VAT. The plugin now has an illegal behaviour because it allows selling without taxes in a base country, which has no sense. We have disabled the plugin because people were trying to buy inside our base country without paying taxes.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to show both ex VAT and inc VAT prices on product pages

If your sales are mainly B2B ( like mine are ) then prices should always be shown ex VAT/GST. However here in the UK if you want to list products with Google shopping then you need to show the product prices including VAT.

If I change all my prices to include VAT then business customers will be put off my the higher costs, they most likely not realise that they can knock 20% off the costs. My competitors have cart systems that show both. This should be an option within the woocommerce settings so business and retail customers…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WC > Settings > Tax has a suffix option which allows you to add an addition price as a suffix. You can add the price inc/excl tax to this area. See the tooltip for available placeholders.

17. Make a checkbox to require for a company name to be filled in if a vat number is filled in

Make a checkbox to require for a company name to be filled in if a vat number is filled in,

According to EU rules, VAT is only allowed to be exempt if the invoice is directed at a company. Not to a person.

As well, a company name - vat cross reference check might be also interesting, but i dont know if EU database allows for this.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Product Vendors - VAT number on Vendor registration form and profile page

Hi there,

Please put an option or extra field in the Vendor registration field and/or profile page/ or in store settings page.

It is necessary to put a field for the VAT number in the vendor registration field, a required field, or in the store settings page! Or the option to set it as required somewhere (registration field, store settings etc). In my country when we work with vendors, we need a VAT number, so that our administration will be fluent and without inconsistencies.

I believe other countries have this too. So why is there no VAT number field anywhere…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Product Vendors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pre-fill EU VAT number if known when manually entering an order as store manager

As store manager, I can create a new order on behalf of an existing customer (for example after agreeing the purchase over the phone).
    After I select the right customer in WooCommerce -> Orders -> new screen in the WordPress backend, first I select the right customer. Then I click the Load billing address link. It fills all the fields with the data stored for the customer, but it skips the VAT number that's on file for the customer.
    My feature request is to also fill the VAT number field with the known EU VAT number of the customer.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce EU VAT Number  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. EU VAT Number plugin needs an extra text added to invoices with information about reverse charge

EU VAT Number plugin needs an extra text added to invoices with information about reverse charge - this is mandatory by EU law!
    Without it the plugin is useless.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

WooCommerce

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base