The WooCommerce Ideas Board is being migrated to WooCommerce.com. We've temporarily locked all forums until the migration is complete.

Once the migration is complete, you will automatically be redirected to our new Feature Request Portal.

WooCommerce

The WooCommerce Ideas Board is being migrated to WooCommerce.com. We've temporarily locked all forums until the migration is complete.

Once the migration is complete, you will automatically be redirected to our new Feature Request Portal.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add shipping tax override

We are having an issue with taxes and the Table Shipping rates plugin. Our store is located in Canada. Under Canadian law, we have to apply tax to the products we sell within Canada and those taxes will vary from province to province. However, the tax we are charged on shipping (no matter where in the world we ship) is a constant percentage. It would be useful in a future version of the plugin to be able to set an optional tax rate for each shipping zone.

I will provide 3 examples to clearly outline the issue we are experiencing:

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Shipping Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Complex Pricing for products

Some of my prices are complex, as in they are calculated using:

[base-fee] + quantity*per-item-fee

I've only been able to create proper pricing by using some hacky GF implementation (adding a second hidden product with the base fee), but it seems like I can't be the only one to calculate a product like this.

I've looked into table pricing plugins, but for that I have to actually calculate every product's cost at every quantity and then upload a CSV file for every product, and then do it all over again if I want to change a price.

Seems like it's…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Developer: need a filter for a Bookable Product’s min_date and max_date

First: It’s great that there are lots of filter hooks throughout this extension (way more than are listed in the documentation). We’re able to use them to tweak functionality in ways that are really specific to our use case.

One great one is the ‘woocommercebookinggetavailabilityrules’, which lets us programatically change a product’s availability on its booking form page based on certain criteria. But we can’t change the earliest and latest available times, which are stored in separate variables (mindate and maxdate) from the availability rules array.

I get why this happens: these are calculated…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be prepared for Facebook payment gateway.

Facebook acquired Paypal Exec and have declared that they are developing a Facebook payment system.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove sold products "x" days after zero stock

As part of inventory management is would be nice to have an option that will remove the product from the shop page a certain number of days after stock hits zero. This would work well for closeouts that will never be reordered.

In practice this would be a check box for closeout product and a number of days to leave the product visible after the last sale date. This will allow the last customer to still view the product page after they receive the product if they need to. This should go in conjunction with no backorders for closeout products.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option to use "grouped product" layout for "variation products"

The dropdown menu in variation products is terrible as an incentive to buy more products. Now since some people may like the current layout, my suggestion is to add a toggle to use "grouped product" layout on "variation products". This is especially useful for wholesale ecommerces.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Message template presets and shortcodes for Smart Coupons addon

I find that when I issue store credit, they are sent with standard messages depending on why the credit was issued. This would be useful along with a shortcodes for the amount to save copy and pasting

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to disable Variable product price range $$$-$$$

Please add option to disable Variable product price range $$$-$$$ showing on product page. Or precisely let me choose which price from variables will be shown as main price on product page.
    I do sell cheese where is one price for 1 kg (10$) of cheese. But i have variables for 0,250Kg (2,5$) , 0,5 Kg (5$) ...

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to keep items on cart when renewing/resubscribing a Subscription

Each time the user adds a renewal or resubscription to the cart, the cart gets empty, so if there's any products there, they'll be lost.

Not quote sure if there's a reason for that, but I would suggest on class-wcs-cart-renewal.php, line 115, a filter is created so that developers can hook into and decide that they do not want the cart to be emptied.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use cache image thumbnail inserted of native image, its create junk on webspace e.g If I upload one product its make 6-10 thumbnail image

Use cache image thumbnail inserted of native image, its create junk on webspace
    e.g If I upload one product its make 6-10 thumbnail image from orignal picture.
    Use Cache images system e.g. megento, prestashop, opencart

note: use saprate folder location for store cache images not wp-content/2015/12/

If you need more clearity, i m happy to help in that, contact me on info@smartwebcare.com

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Determine Shipping Methods Based on Total Payment

Right now Deposits determines the available shipping methods based on the first payment. Some store owners may want the available shipping methods to be based on the total payments (including ones not yet paid).

Ex. Store unlocks free shipping at $100. User adds a product to the card that's $100 but only has a 50% downpayment making free shipping unavailable.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Bookings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Pay with Amazon / Amazon Payments - Integrate with Social Login plugin

The Pay with Amazon plugin requires users to sign-in/up before they complete their purchase.

The login button is shown at the top of the checkout page.

Only users who login with Amazon payments and only if they used the button provided by this plugin, are allowed to complete a payment.

On the contrast, the Social Login plugin allows users to login with various providers and the button placement is different.

You should:
    1. Add an option on the Amazon plugin to disable the login option
    2. Allow amazon checkout for any authenticated user, regardless of their authentication method (facebook, google,…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Dynamic Membership Lookup Filter

When viewing the Members Tab of Memberships, I fully expected to see dynamic links at the top next to "All (###) | Active (###) | Paused (##)" representing each Membership Plan I had created. It would function much like the Group plugin performs on the "Users" interface in that if a group exists, there is a built-in filter link created for that group listing the number of users belonging to that group. In the same way, I expected to see the Membership Plans I had created along with the number of people with Active memberships for that Plan and by…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - WooCommerce Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to create multiple choice question with different grading according to the correct answer choose

Ability to create multiple choice question with different grading according to the correct answer choose.

It will be amazing to add multiple grading according to the correct answer user choose.

1 correct answer = 15%
    2 correct answer = 33%

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. show only published products in admin

It would be fantastic if you could sort/filter the admin page listing products page to only show published products - It baffles me why you allow to filter by drafts since like version 1 of WC, but can't filter by published!
    Eg: I have nearly 15,000 products csv imported into my store - but until they are stockchecked, categorised and tagged, 90% remain as Draft status because the site is live - as most are.
    The result - mixed and jumbled products the only quickly identifiable thing is the tiny "draft" word.

The worst part is - If I edit…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bulk Editing Stock

I was using the 'Bulk Edit' feature on the products tab and thought of a very useful feature that you could probably include quite easily.
    At the moment, you can bulk edit price, for example and increase the price by an amount or percentage. This is very useful, however, the 'Stock' options are not quite so useful.
    If for example I get a new batch of products, I cannot increase my stock levels all at once as the only option is to set all to the same amount. It is very rarely the case that all my stock is either…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. WooCommerce Theme

any ne have idea how to use woothemes for my web http://www.genericbrandtab.net and use static to dynamic

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Connection to bookkeeping system

Clients might want to connect their store to a bookkeeping system.
    If a direct connection might be hard, a company admin might want to export a file, a day, a month, a year or a specific time period, for import to an external bookkeeping system.
    Have you had any thoughts around this?

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. SecureTrading payment gateway for Woocommerce

SecureTrading are a UK payment gateway provider, and are quite 'developer-friendly'. We'd like to use them for two woocommerce sites we're currently building

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Payment Gateways  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Table Rates per Product vs Subtotal

Add a dropdown on the admin side of the Table Rate Extension, asking if the condition and rate should apply Per Product, or on the Subtotal of all items.

In other words, if I want shipping on my $50 items to be different than shipping on 2 x $25 items, I could set up conditions based on price, then select shipping to be calculated Per Product

I know a Per-Product extension exists, but then you couldn't offer different shipping options such as standard, expedited, overnight, international, etc.

This would basically give you the option to combine the best of both…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

WooCommerce

Categories