WooSlider

1. Pause slider when video plays

It would be really nice if you were to incorporate an option to pause the slideshow if a video (vimeo/youtube) is playing.

It is easy to add a video to the slideshow, and there is already an option for pausing when the mouse hovers over the slideshow, but the additional functionality of pausing the slideshow while the video plays would be great.

It is possible:

http://flexslider.woothemes.com/video.html

Thanks!

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Woocommerce Featured Products Slider or Widget and Scroller

I was looking for a widget extension for my Woocommerce site to show the Featured products on there.
    And luckily I found the “WP WooCommerce Products Scroller” Plugin from http://codecanyon.net/item/wp-woocommerce-products-scroller/4541015 , which is a jquery based wordpress plugin to show the wordpress WooCommerce product with various sliding effects and sixteen (16) different Themes.

Hats off to the developers Team.

--Kevin

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Ryan Ray responded

Done via our WooSlider Products Slideshow linked below.

3. Add text overlay to Slide type in WooSlider

You can accomplish a text overlay on top of an image with WooSlider using the Post slide type, but this isn't possible with the Slide type. I would suggest adding more options to the Slide type in WooSlider so you can overlay text on top of an image. I've found it confusing for some users when you have to explain to them that they edit images and text in their slides under "Posts" instead of "Slides" in wp-admin.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Thumbnails like FlexSlider

I paid for WooSlider thinking I would get the same functionality as FlexSlider.

I am especially referring to the thumbnail functionality (pagination, slider) and look and feel. Why was this not implemented from the start.

I really am having buyers remorse with the WooSlider thinking it was FlexSlider for Wordpress.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

WooSlider 2.0 has carousel slider navigation, you can see Tom’s comment below on that as well. :)

5. Full Screen Slider for Canvas

Full Screen Slider for Canvas, Least I say more.. yes one of them.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is possible with WooSlider using the wooslider(); template tag and loading it via the desired hook within Canvas (eg: woo_loop_before).

More information on the template tag can be found here: http://support.woothemes.com/knowledgebase/articles/101700-getting-started-with-wooslider

If you’re unsure how to hook into Canvas, please see our knowledgebase article on this here: http://support.woothemes.com/knowledgebase/articles/92401-using-hooks-and-filters

If this doesn’t help 100% in getting WooSlider hooked into Canvas, please post in our support desk at http://support.woothemes.com. :)

6. Title and/or excerpt as pagination/navigation for slides.

I'm really curious if it is possible to use the title and/or excerpt as the pagination/navigation in the slider.

So instead of showing a thumbnail or slide number below the slider for navigation, you see a row of the slide titles and those are clickable to navigate through the slides. Current slide indication could be done by adding a background color on the title.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is possible using two slideshows and the “sync” or “asNavFor” features.

You’d setup a slideshow of the titles/excerpts and use that as navigation for another slideshow, set to display only the image. :)

7. Add Option to Load WooSlider Script earlier on the page

The WooSlider seems to load last when the page is rendering -- even after our sidebar ads. Considering that the slider is always at the top of the page, and is the featured content, we'd like it to load sooner in the process. This will make the overall page load time feel faster (even if it takes the same amount of time).

I recognize that it's usually better to load scripts at the bottom of the page, but it would be nice to have the option load the slider sooner. How about adding a simple checkbox in the settings, like…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve implemented lazy loading in WooSlider 2.0 to make it much faster. :)

8. FlexSlider 2 bug

FlexSlider 2 bug

The second active in the slider, active in the carousel first, it is a bug

http://joxi.ru/wHVhUtg5CbBNWFSG4mI

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple queries for WooSlider

I´m working on a redesign of a website that I run. This is a magazine theme and I want to use the WooSlider in this theme. What I want it to do is to take our 2 custom post types and posts tagged with a certain tag and have WooSlider circulate between the 4 newest posts.

As I know of now it will only take either a custom post type/slides or posts that have a certain category or tag.

If you could enable the WooSlider to incorporate multiple choices into one big query of posts it would be awesome.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Previous and Next Nav Buttons - Keep Visible

I like how the previous and next slide buttons animate on Wooslider. But sometimes it would be nice to have them always visible, so users know where to click. This would be a nice option. Or can it easily be added to the shortcode?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

WooSlider

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base