Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add free, non-paying membership features to the free Sensei core plugin

I know that the WooCommerce Paid Courses extension integrates Sensei LMS and WooCommerce Memberships, but if someone wants to use the FREE version of Sensei to offer FREE courses and needs FREE memberships to organize things beyond the core WP users, then they have to look for external plugins not made by woocommerce. Sorry for my capitalization of “free”, I just wanted to emphasize that I’m aware of the paid plugin extension already available, but I’m looking for a solution for teachers intending to keep all access free without sacrificing membership management and organization. It’d be great if you guys…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to be able to opt out of grading for end of course evaluations of course/instructor.

At the end of both my regular classes and continuing education workshops we conduct "course evaluations." This type of information is not graded. Could you just have a graded/not graded toggle like Canvas does?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lesson template per course

I would be nice have the option to create a template per course. So every lesson should use this template!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Redirect to specific page after succesfull quiz of final lesson.

I've noticed that many of our students are a bit confused when they have passed the last quiz of the course. It would be nice that if there is at least an option for a redirecting to specific page after final lesson quiz. For example congratulation page where you can find certificate etc. I think it is very important that students knows exactly what to do next.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "No Courses Purchased Yet" Message - My Courses Page

Hello, on the "/my-courses" page, I'd like to display a message when the user hasn't purchased a course yet. Currently, the my courses page just displays with no content.

Ideally we add some sort of if/then. If user has no courses, then display message ________

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. time/pause option for quiz/lesson

time/ pause option for lessons or quizzes, now required in some states. students need to be able to pause and save the quiz or lesson.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Set multiple prerequisites for lesson

I want to create a final quiz which contains some of the questions of all lessons in a course. So i created a lesson "Final quiz" and added all the questions. However sensei only allows to link one prerequisite lesson at a time. I want the students to finish all lessons first before they can take the final quiz

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Course completed page

There should be a proper endpoint for a course. When you finish the last lesson you should be taken to a screen where it says congratulations you have now finished this course. And an option to download their certificate.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add REST API endpoints for courses, lessons, modules etc.

With WordPress 4.7, I think this is almost mandatory, isn't it?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple teachers for a single course, I think that is mandatory!

Today is common to have 2 or more professors involved in one course, is very important to have this option for a e-learning system.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add category filter to course listing page

On the course listing/archive page, please add the ability to filter the list based on category along with the "All" and "Featured" filters that already exist. So the options would be "All" "Featured" "Category 1" "Category 2" etc.

Otherwise, why would I bother to put courses into categories?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The option to have the quiz load on the same page as the content

Currently the quiz loads on it's own page, but I think it would be handy to at least have the option for the quiz to be loaded on the content page. Especially if students require another review of the content to answer the question. (saves them having to navigate backwards).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Limit the number of times a quiz can be taken

We need to limit the number of times a student can take a quiz. For example, if they fail the quiz 3 times, they should not be able to take it again. (can make it so that the admin can override this - and reopen... but by default there should be a maximum number of attempts that can be set).

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If a quiz is NOT passed, take the student back to the lesson to try again. Currently students have to hit reset, which isn't clear.

When a student doesn't pass a auto graded quiz. The message is displayed at the top telling them they didn't pass. They can look at their questions and see how they did. But it isn't clear to reset to try again.

Maybe have a setting to force the student back to the lesson, and not show them what they got wrong.

Then when they take the quiz again, they will get a new set of random questions from the pool.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prerequisites in quick edit

Prerequisites should be part of the quick edit function... Having to click in and out of 30+ lessons in a course when modifying a course and

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export Lessons and Quizzes Easily

So right now you have to export everything from your site, the lessons, quizzes, courses, and questions all for one lesson or quiz, etc. Now some of us work with other teachers and collaborate and it makes it difficult for the receiver to have to delete all the unwanted lessons and such. Can you make a quick export for lessons and courses that make it easier to send and use.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. URL friendly (SEO)

Having a more friendly URL (SEO)!
    For example, instead of "/lesson/lesson-one /" be "/name-course/lesson-one/".

Vote!

205 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show wrong answers

Once the test is taken it's nice to see the percent correct, but there's no feedback for which questions are wrong. Unless, I'm not seeing this in the examples, it would be very frustrating if a 100% is required to pass (i.e. a homework assignment).

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sensei team has been discussing how we can improve the quiz experience for students. We’ve come up with a first draft that enables showing the correct answers, as well as providing feedback for both correct and incorrect answers.

It’s important to note that this is very rough and is not representative of what the final solution will look like. This is just a starting point to get the discussion going and begin to co-create a solution with everyone who has an interest in this functionality.

To that end, here’s a link to the mock-up. You can leave feedback by clicking the “Leave Feedback” button – https://app.evrybo.com/share/project/12489/135181/oRxY05LKo1HAqAiKG1HT

19. Bulk Upload CSV to Populate or Edit Courses, Lessons or Quizzes

I have tons of courses, lessons and quizzes I want to add and the wordpress dashboard is not very friendly to inputting large amounts of data at once because of its segmented back end. This would really help user workflow and setup for a website looking to migrate to your system.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. At present there is no way my clients can alter their answers after submitting. Very cumbersome!

Can Sensei do a very quick 'fix' and allow users to alter their answers after feedback from Teachers/Trainers? At present they have to either email or use the "contact teacher" button, but then the system still has their 'wrong' answers there. Should be easy fix?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base