Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide "Add all" button for quiz questions

It's currently quite a chore to add all the questions from a category to a quiz. An "Add all" button would be incredibly convenient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import lesson comments to bbpress Form => Topic

Now that we have Buddypress integration (yay!), the final step is to kick-start those empty forums with the discussion already posted by students to existing Sensei lessons.

I've tried a plugin called "bbPress Post Topics" which works beautifully for blog posts. It creates a new "topic" for any post in a forum of your choice, then converts all post comments to "replies" in that forum topic.

It even allows for the appropriate topic to replace the default WP comments system at the end of each post.

The trouble is, it doesn't appear to work with Sensei lessons, I'm guessing because…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reorganize lessons BETWEEN modules in Order Lessons

Currently, you can only organize Lessons within a Module and not transfer them between Modules. It would be a huge improvement to allow the drag and drop of Lessons wherever you want them in this window. Also, Modules do not appear here unless there is already a Lesson assigned to them. All Modules should appear whether or not they have a Lesson assigned to enable easy drag and drop.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Creating paid courses on the fly within Sensei without needing to create a product manually in WooCommerce

Make selling the products easier by adding the selling info (price...) on the course page itself within Sensei, once this is done the course is up for sale (even if it meant creating a product behind the scene), this will ease the process and eliminates the duplicate work. Going through this duplication effort is not scalable especially in a marketplace setting.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Course name in teacher grading a quiz email

When a teacher does get an email about grading a quiz, he only name of the lesson in the email. Several of my teachers do have different courses and want to organise their email system.

So please do as the name of the course in the email sent to the teacher. And if possible in the subject line.

Peder Songedal

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Don't use tabs in the UI, because it sucks on mobile devices

Hi.

I would like to request that the learner-profile template, does not use tabs to display the current courses and completed courses, because tab pages suck on mobile devices.

Why not simply display a section with Active Courses, followed by a section with completed courses beneath each other, which would look nicer on mobile devices.

See this example screenshot..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3809836/learner-profile-mobile-device.jpg

PS. It is in Danish.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Learning Paths

A building block approach to learning that helps your students reach their goals. Let's say you have 5 courses all on the same topic but geared towards different levels of learners. 2 of them are for beginners, 2 for intermediate and 1 for experts. If someone completes all 5 courses they have completed that path. Maybe tie it to badges but absolutely necessary for anyone offering any type of certifications, etc....

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sensei Test Submission

We need a way to stop students from submitting their tests for grading until they have answered all of the questions in the lesson that they are taking.
    Some of our students are pressing enter on their "keyboard" on their keyboard or the "complete lesson" button by accident before they have finished answering all of the questions.
    This is a pretty big issue for us.
    Thanks!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Course "Pass" Expiration

Really need a simple function that on a user completing a course it not only adds the date of completion but importantly allows an expiry date to be added eg. 1 year. This will mean that just before the year is up an email is sent informing the user that they are going to need to resit their test. This will ensure the user is always up to date with the course if it changes in that time or they have forgotten some of it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sensei learner e-mailnotification when quiz is graded manually

I don't want learners to recieve an e-mail every time they complete a lesson or when a quiz is auto graded.

I only want to send an e-mailnotification when a test or assignment is graded manually.

So we need extra option in the settings!

Please vote.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons

Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons developed with such tools as Macromedia Captivate or Litmos. (Lessons are HTML5 or Flash - just need to pass the grade back to the LMS).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add ability for multiple authors / co-authors of a lesson or course

A lot of lessons or courses nowadays are co-written by multiple experts. It would be great to have the ability to list more than one author / co-authors on lessons and courses.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sensei - Sent private message to learner

To sent a private message to a learner, you create a new message and insert the learners username (person who will receive the message) in the 'Message sent by:' box in Message Information.
    Then you insert the teachers username (person who writes the message) in the 'Message received by:' box. The explanation in the interface seems to be the other way around. I attached a screenshot on how we filled the fields.

1. Private message teacher box autofilled when teacher is logged in with his/her account:
      Can't teachers box be autofilled or set to the logged in user by default? Now…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Download list of e-mail addresses of learners taking a course

I would like to be able to download a list of e-mail addresses of learners taking a particular course!

For examle 30 learners take course A. I click on 'Learner Management'. I click on the 'manage learners' button at course A.

There I would like to see button 'Download CSV file' to quickly collect the e-mail address and first names of all students who bought course A.

If I could quickly import the learners e-mail addresses I could easy make a mail list in MailChimp to communicate with students taking that particular course A.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Quiz : passmark and maximum time for success!

I need to make quiz with timer counting up and give a level of success based on % of good answers AND time to complete.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Matching: New Type of Question for Quizzes

It'd be great to be able to create matching exercises (two columns, same number of items, one to one relationship) using Sensei.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Class Questions and Answers

I love the idea to have a place for students to ask instructors questions. What I would like to see is a "Q/A" section for each module or lesson (depending on how you want to do your Q/A).

This QA section would allow students to post questions and vote up questions if they have similar questions. The students should be able to post test, images (upload), videos (vimeo, youtube), .pdf, .doc, .pages, or whatever you want to allow them to upload.

There should be an option to allow students to answer other student questions or only allow instructors to answer…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Must get question correct before progressing or similar

Rather than waiting until the end to find out how many questions were answered correctly, in situations where user must get all questions right, do not allow them to continue on until they have the correct answer. Would need a next button for each question or a way to auto mark as you go. Or when they are shown the questions they got right and wrong when they retry the ones they got right remain and they just need to redo the ones they got wrong.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto Answer Feedback: Different feedback for wrong answer and correct answer

I really happy you added the Auto Answer Feedback, but I'm not using it since I need to types of feedback:

One if the answer is correct, and one is the answer the student gave is not correct.

Using this approach, I can really give the feedback the student needs and sent him or her back to a specific lesson..

I'm now using SlickQuiz, but love to transfer it all to Sensei
    Thanks!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base