Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make coupon for a free lesson incl quiz

Make coupon for a free lesson incl quiz

Is it possible to make a coupon so that we can give people who register but have not purchased a lesson the chance of following one lesson for free incl the quiz to test their knowledge?

This way we can collect data and have an additional option to convert interested persons into buyers.

I know that you can flag a lesson as free but the use of a coupon would be beneficial

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto grading for text

Does this sound outrageous? It's not. And I will tell you why.

In a soft course about Writing or Self-Help or stuff like that you sometimes just want the learner to write something for their own good. It does not really matter what they write, as long as they write.

So, as soon as they have entered something in the multiple line field, it's all good and in the teachers perspective they have fulfilled the task. The system sees that they have written something, and automatically gives it a grade and the lesson is marked as completed.

Great stuff? Yes!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quizzes without grades

Quizzes without grades – why would that be such a great addition to Sense? Well, I will tell you.

If you set up "soft" courses, like in fiction writing, you still want the option to give your learners tasks, like "Describe your characters ambitions" or "Write for five minutes about a strong childhood memory".

It's a bit awkward to grade these kinds of tasks with a number. As a teacher you rather want to just give feedback.

This would be an easy thing to implement for the developers since all the functions for this pretty much already is in place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add filters for quiz notices

You offer a lot of filters for text strings which is awesome, but it seems there are some missing. On individual lessons with quizzes, there are a lot of notice boxes with text like "You require 100% to pass this lesson's quiz." and, if the user is not logged in, something like "Sign up for this course to take the quiz."

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcodes for ALL THE THINGS

Free us from the tyranny Sensei theming! Free us from the endless free courses on learning to edit PHP. Build us shortcodes for EVERYTHING (CoursePress by WPMUdev does this) so that we can build and style layouts as we please using the WP editor!

Can I get a hell yeah?

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Certificate Full Names

Having the learner's First and Last name on the certificate is critical! Since login names can be odd and cryptic (on purpose), the result is not a certificate anyone would want to print and put on the wall. Other LMS systems (like LearnDash) have figured out how to put the First and Last Name on certificates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sensei will add this. It's just soooooooo obviously important!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to set Sensei receiving email

There should be an option where the teachers e-mail address can be set so that emails being sent through Sensei, are sent to the according teacher and not to the admin mail. These should not be the same!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bulk upload learners to course

Currently, Sensei allows us to add learners to a course one at a time using the learner management tab for a specific course. The ability to bulk upload users to a course would be great.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Display learner names by first/last instead of nickname

It would be really nice if in Sensei we had the ability in the settings to tell the learner management system to display the names of all learners via first & last name. Right now it's by nickname which is assigned when they create an account. It's hard to easily look and see who is in the course, etc.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quiz questions with html formatting?

I'd like the quiz questions to be formattable in html as some of my quiz questions are long and need to be formatted into paragraphs or lists.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sensie

These are the bigest problems I faced with Sensie. without these options Sensie has not helped me much. :(
    1) How to add mathematical formulas for my quizzes?
    2) How to add pictures on to quizzes?
    3) how to do auto grading for quizzes questions such multiple lines, fill
    in blanks etc. ( at the moment I can load answers only for MCQ and
    true/Falls questions)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. possibility to add more than one correct answer to multiple choice questions.

It is not possible to include multiple "right" answers in Sensei's multiple choice question type. We have a serious need to be able to create multiple choice questions in which there is more than one right answer. Will you be able to add this functionality?

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. If quiz is not passed, add ability for students to change incorrect answers.

For manually graded quizzes requiring a single or multiple line answer, it would be good to give the students the ability to change any answers marked as incorrect so they can re-submit their answers. Currently, I believe the only way to do this is to reset the quiz but this means the student needs to re-answer all questions (including those they got right the first time).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Mathematics in Sensei

able to write mathematics quizzes, questions and answers. Latex integrated into courses, lessons, quizzes

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a class to the 'Contact Teacher' button / container

Currently, the 'Contact Teacher' button is an <a> tag with the generic class 'button' which is wrapped in a <p> tag with no class attached. Would it be possible to add some CSS classes for styling purposes? This would be the minimum needed as it isn't available to override in the templates?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change subject lines (or translate) for email notifications (like grading)

When a user does a quiz which I grade, the student is sent an email with this grade.

This email is in English, but my students are Dutch. These email templates cannot be translated using the standard localisation files or pugin. I do have found the email templates, but the headers and subject line are not included in this. I would be great if I can easily translate or change the subjectlines and headers of the emails my students (and I) get.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ability to send emails to students based on progress with a course.

Hi I would love the feature to be able to send emails to customers to remind the to follow lessons. eg. if a student has not made any progress i would love to be able to send an email to stimulate progress.

This way I hope that students will complete courses quicker and i can sell them new courses.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add "complete" CSS class to wrappers for completed lessons and/or add "complete" class lesson titles

For instance on the course page the wrapper for a lesson looks something like this:

<article class="post-9304 lesson type-lesson status-publish hentry course post post"

If the additional class "completed" was added to the list we could differentiate finished vs. unfinished lessons. That in turn would help students clearly identify where they are, what they've done, and what to do next.

Same for titles in widgets, e.g. Lesson Components.

Even if the differentiating code doesn't exist in core Sensei it does exist in the Sensei Course Progress module. If it would be a pain adding progress tags to core Sensei perhaps…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quiz answer explanations

It would be really helpful, especially due to the lack of a forum function, to have the possibility of including explanations for all answers so that when learners see how they did on a quiz/exam after the quiz is corrected, they can read an explanation about why an answer is correct and others incorrect.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Require time in course before exam availability

Be able to specify minimum amount of time a student is in a lesson before making the review quiz or final exam available.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base