Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to change date format in sensei certificates

In Sensei Certificates there's no localization at all for the dates (i.e. the completion date that can be inserted on the certificate). The ability to change the language and the format i quite necessary to my opinion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Foldable modules and lessons lists

The possibility to display modules in accordion style or some other foldable style on the course pages. And the same for lessons on module pages. Now it's such a long list sometimes that doesn't provide any overview at all for learners!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add calendar-based module scheduling in Sensei

Some courses are structured to meet on a recurring basis. In these situations, the availability of the next module should be calendar-based. Thinking about how to do this, I suppose one could hide the "I've completed this task" button, and have a cron job that updated Sensei with timing to coincide with the date of the next class. It would be nice if this could be done by just telling Sensei the dates of the classes.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'd very much like an email notification when there's a new quiz to grade. Preferably, I'd like to set which course alerts which "grader".

I'd very much like an email notification when there's a new quiz to grade. Preferably, I'd like to set which course alerts which "grader".

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Extend auto grading

Auto grading for fill-the-blank. Could have a field with comma delimited acceptable responses.

I've seen a declined request for this feature based on the idea that a fill the blank could have numerous possible answers. Surely the course designer decides what is acceptable?!

Comma delimiting would give the opportunity to address this. Perhaps reporting a list of answers given and their frequency would help the course designer make improvements.

For example, if a question is answered 'incorrectly' with the same answer by many students it would alert the creator to modify the course to either include or explain why it…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it simpler to pay ...! Shorten the steps to pay with woocommerce.

We have too many steps to buy a course.

It should be faster and shorter.

Student should just Press "Buy" - enter name credit card or paypal and pay.

The payment is not obvious now.

Best!
    Laurent

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. My Profile - Quiz Results

On the my profile page, include a complete overview of the quizzes which the student is signed up to take and the quizzes which the student has taken. For the quizzes which the student has taken show what their % correct was. Maybe even show the courses completed and all the quizzes under those courses which the user has taken and what their % correct was.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Auto Advance After Completing a Lesson

Subject says all .. but for those who want specifics:
    1. user clicks on "complete lesson" button
    2. sends user to next lesson
    3. possible addition of feedback mechanism: maybe a completion success modal that indicates that the previous lesson was completed hides after a few seconds)

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Sensei LMS Team responded

In v1.9 we added a “Next lesson” button to the success message, which now appears at the top of the page.

9. Sensei sidebar to display the modules and lessons of current course

A sidebar for use on all course/module/lesson/quiz pages of a course that shows the hierarchical content of that particular course would be nice to provide course overview to the learner. In order to make it possible to add this as a widget to the page template it should be dynamical, because the widget can only be placed once in the page template, but has to a show different content for every course.
    EVery other learning tool provides this kind of dynamic course content sidebar menu and I think Sensei should too.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please create a plug-in that functions like JigsawBox (or add this to Sensei)

JigsawBox is an online coaching platform that also functions as an e-learning solution, but allows you to have a private communications area for clients. This is almost what Sensei does, except with the ability to have private, one-on-one feedback with the student about each lesson.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable menu_order for Quiz Questions

Ideally a drag n drop re-ordering system for questions within a specific quiz similar to that used for Module re-ordering.

Currently the only ways to change the order questions appear in is either delete and re create (seriously tedious) or manually edit post creation date in the DB (not suitable for all users)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi H

This will be available in Sensei v1.5, due for release in the next 2 weeks :)

12. Lesson specific "complete lesson" button

Hello

Ive noticed in the sensei plugin, when you include a "complete lesson" button for lessons without Quizzes, the "complete lesson" button still appears on lessons with a quiz.

I dont think this is very logical as you actually want people to take the quizes

So a "complete lesson" button for specific lessons would come in rather usefull

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Separate option to display courses and option to display lessons.

Right now, there is an option to display BOTH courses and lessons on the main menu, but you can't choose to just display courses. I tried to do it manually, but that negatively affected other functions. I'd like separate options for sending courses and lessons to the main menu. Thanks for your consideration.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow automatic grading feedback on auto-graded quizzes

The grading feedback feature is great... except that each question has to have feedback manually entered by the grader. It would be an excellent addition if feedback could be automatically given for incorrect answers in auto graded quizzes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. COURSE>LESSON> !TOPIC! 3 level learning

Currently only has 2 levels, need a 3rd level as my classes are technical and need to be broken down within the lesson to be easier for people to go through and track progress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. List of non purchesed courses

From marketing point of view it would be great to show my customer all courses that he didn't buy yet.

Great marketer Mark Joyner did it on his legendary platform Simpleology. Courses that I payed hed status "unlocked", and courses waiting for me to buy were
    locked".

This idea created open loop in my mind and big anticipation for what is to come...

In my opinion it wolud be very profitable for every Sensei platform owner to be able to display list of non purshesed courses.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The new [sensei_unpurchased_courses] shortcode displays a list of all courses that the user has not yet purchased.

17. The ability to reset a users progress.

For training purposes, lessons often need to be repeated at different periods, some monthly and some yearly. It would be nice to reset a students progress to document they repeated the training when required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add "Next Lesson" button once lesson is complete

Hi,

This is a really daft one, but I was amazed this was not in Sensi.

Once you complete a lesson, what is the next step? The next step is the next lesson and there is no next lesson button!!!

class-woothemes-sensi-frontend.php

Around line 1175 after
    } elseif( $show_actions ) {

sensei_reset_lesson_button();

Add
    // Added for next lesson button at top and bottom of single course page

$nav_id_array = sensei_get_prev_next_lessons( $post_id );

$next_lesson_id = absint( $nav_id_array['next_lesson'] );

if ( 0 < $nextlessonid ) {

// getpermalink( $nextlesson_id ) to make the next link

}

That's how I…

91 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When a lesson is completed now, there is a “Next Lesson” button in the completion message.

19. Allow user to sell their courses on a Site running SENSEI - like UDEMY

I build a lot of complicated portals and ecommerce websites. So it comes that somebody asked me to build a site like udemy where user can upload their own courses and sell them to earn some money. I am pretty sure it should be possible to implement that into SENSEI with EASE and let it work with WooCommerce :-)

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now possible using the enhanced Teacher role in Sensei 1.8, in combination with WooCommerce and the Product Vendors extension.

20. Export Lessons and Quizzes Easily

So right now you have to export everything from your site, the lessons, quizzes, courses, and questions all for one lesson or quiz, etc. Now some of us work with other teachers and collaborate and it makes it difficult for the receiver to have to delete all the unwanted lessons and such. Can you make a quick export for lessons and courses that make it easier to send and use.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base