Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I'd really, really, really appreciate a better way of getting the data out of Sensei regarding what my learners have done. I need to send th

I'd really, really, really appreciate a better way of getting the data out of Sensei regarding what my learners have done. I need to send the info to our CME office at the hospital and right now I have to do it using screenshots of the admin webpages! Not very data-entry friendly for the CME person.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide lesson comments for non-enrolled users.

I've noticed that logged-in users that haven't purchased the course are able to see the comment threads on each lesson page. The lesson content is hidden, but the comment threads aren't. This makes me a bit uncomfortable, as the comments are where course related questions and answers are discussed – which as far as I'm concerned is part of the course content. It shouldn't be visible "for free" to non-enrolled students.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BadgeOS plugin to course or lesson hyperlink

When viewing the Sensei activity steps from the BadgeOS achievement page, the activity label (i.e. "Completed Course - My Course XYZ) is not a hyperlink like the other BadgeOS steps. I would think the label should be a hyperlink that links you to the Sensei Course or Lesson page for that requirement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show all assignments pending grading

Currently on the admin grading page, you have to go through each course in the dropdown and then each lesson within each course to see what needs to be graded. It is extremely tedious. Having a single view of all pending, manually-graded assignments would be helpful.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. disable "mark course as complete" button?

Please can someone tell me how to disable this button, its confusing the hell out of the people using the courses, and it serves no purpose.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Lesson Component Widget for Specific Course

Lesson Component Widget - outputs a list of the latest lessons for a site.

However it should only show a list of lessons for the course on the single lesson page, not all latest lessons for all courses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better Access Control

My assumption upon purchasing Sensei was that access to course content could be restricted to users who actually purchase the course. But it seems I was mistaken. As it turns out, ANY logged-in user can access course content, whether they've purchased that course or not. This strikes me as a huge problem.

I know you can use something like Groups to limit access, but that's not an acceptable solution – it's convoluted and requires purchase of an additional extension: Groups for WooCommerce. Given Sensei's advertised integration with WooCommerce, this kind of access control should be baked-in.

Frankly, I'm nonplussed that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. In analysis; Show and Export First & Last Name, email - not only User Name

In present Sensei 1.4.0 it is not possible in Analysis to see or export anything else than User Name which may be "Bumblebee" or whatever. Would like to be able to export more data like First Last Name, email etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Be able to see WHO has completed a specific course

It is not possible to see what students have completed a specific course if you have more than one course. In analysis only the number of completed courses is given. The only way to see who has completed what is to click on each student and take a manual note. Basic need!

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Sensei LMS Team responded

Closing as this is already possible by going to Sensei > Analysis > Courses, choosing a course and then clicking on “Learners taking this course”.

10. "Lesson Complete" info box when completing a lesson without a quiz

I'd love the option of showing "Lesson Complete" in an info box at the bottom for lessons without quizzes that users have completed by clicking the "Complete Lesson" button. This info box already shows for lessons with quizzes, but not for lessons without quizzes.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Could you add an option so that students cannot see all of the questions/answers at the end of a quiz, but are just told their score?

Could you add an option so that students cannot see all of the questions/answers at the end of a quiz, but are just told their score? I don't want my entire answer key floating around. Thanks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you set lessons to ‘Completed when Passed’ in Sensei > Settings, and disable the ‘reset lesson’ quiz, then it won’t display the right/wrong answers after completing a quiz.

12. Sensei: add page attribute "menu-order" to courses and give the option to sort courses by menu-order.

My current project is an online "university" for starting a business. Courses should not be ordered by " date DESC " but my client should be able to add a sorting order to courses in a certain category and force the output to orderby menu-order ASC.
    I had to hardcode in the source now to enable this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Revisions for Lessons

Allow tracking of revisions for lessons, much like pages. This way, an individual can undo saved changes and/or compare different versions of a lesson.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow variable products in Woo Commerce to link to Sensei courses

For courses that have different paid participation levels, allow those to be created as product variations in Woo Commerce.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add question numbers more conveniently

One of the issues that is become extremely annoying is when I make my test questions up. I cannot see the number of which question. I'm looking at unless I click the edit button and open up the question. That's so cumbersome! Why can't you have the numbers showing on the outside, where we look at the list when we're building our tests? I I make up anywhere from 10 to 15 different questions her lesson. If I want to find out what's in number six, I literally have to count 123456 in order to open it up. It would…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When taking a "Lesson Quiz," students should be able to see what questions they answered correctly or not.

When taking a "Lesson Quiz," students should be able to see what questions they answered correctly or not. Whether I have the quiz graded automatically or not, the students cannot see which ones they got wrong. Is there an obvious fix for this?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you want students to see which questions they got right/wrong, you need to set Lessons to completed when ‘Completed’ in Sensei > Settings. If it’s set to completed when ‘Passed’ then correct/incorrect answers are hidden to avoid making it too easy.

17. Disable "Mark Course as Complete" button in Sensei

We are kind of confused as to why there is a "Mark Course as Complete" button in Sensei. A customer could buy the course and then mark it as complete immediately. What is the use case? We are selling courses that need to be complete to gain certain privileges in an organization.

We really need to be able to disable this button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

To disable the “Mark Course as Complete” button, you need to set both Courses and Lessons to “completed when passed” in Sensei > Settings.

If you encounter an issue with this, please log a ticket at our help desk. :)

18. Limit ability to purchase a course until the prerequisite has been completed

i'm using WooCommere and Sensei together. What I'd like is the ability to limit customers so they can only purchase a course once they've completed the prerequisite course.

In my specific example I need students to complete a free 'level test' (the prerequisite) before they are able to purchase a certain course. This is to make sure only people at the right level can purchase this course.

At present customers can buy the second course even if they don't pass the prerequisite.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Our client requires being able to display fractions in questions (without knowing html). I.e. question/answer filter.

We need to be able to filter questions and answers in order to find the pattern
    \s+\d+\s/\s\d+\s+
    within the question or answer in order to be able to replace this pattern with html, such as
    <table style="display:inline;">
    <tr><td style="border-bottom:1px solid black;text-align:center">10</td></tr>
    <tr><td style="text-align:center">109</td></tr>
    </table>

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sensei. The option to duplicate a lesson.

I'm creating a course with over 90 lessons. the content for which is from a form. It would be great to just duplicate the lesson as it's pretty much the same for each one.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base