Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show wrong answers

Once the test is taken it's nice to see the percent correct, but there's no feedback for which questions are wrong. Unless, I'm not seeing this in the examples, it would be very frustrating if a 100% is required to pass (i.e. a homework assignment).

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    42 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sensei team has been discussing how we can improve the quiz experience for students. We’ve come up with a first draft that enables showing the correct answers, as well as providing feedback for both correct and incorrect answers.

It’s important to note that this is very rough and is not representative of what the final solution will look like. This is just a starting point to get the discussion going and begin to co-create a solution with everyone who has an interest in this functionality.

To that end, here’s a link to the mock-up. You can leave feedback by clicking the “Leave Feedback” button – https://app.evrybo.com/share/project/12489/135181/oRxY05LKo1HAqAiKG1HT

2. URL friendly (SEO)

Having a more friendly URL (SEO)!
    For example, instead of "/lesson/lesson-one /" be "/name-course/lesson-one/".

Vote!

205 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Course Expiration

Upon launch, the user will be notified that they have a certain time-frame to complete the course.They can close the course and come back to it, but access to it will expire within that certain time (a few days or weeks).

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Content Drip  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re planning to build this into the next version of our new Content Drip extension – http://www.woothemes.com/products/sensei-content-drip/

One alternative way to do this would be using Groups as described in this post – http://www.woothemes.com/2014/02/creating-a-tiered-membership-site-with-sensei-and-groups/

When you create a product that grants access to a Group, it allows you to set a duration, after which the user will be removed from that group.

4. Allow course to have more than one Teacher

Like title, give the capabilities to create a course with two o more teachers.

In this way, two teachers can work at the same common project.

Example:

How to make a Course by X and Y
    Lesson 1 by X
    Lesson 2 by Y
    Lesson 3 by Y
    Lesson 4 by X

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Frontend Teacher Interface similar UDEMY

I would like to be able to see the Sensei with the function of Frontend Teacher Interface, so we can build something similar to Udemy or Lynda.

And Sensei Statistics visible in the frontend with shotcodes and more...

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team Courses

Team managers should be able to register their team to complete a course individually.

For example, when integrated with WooCommerce, a manager could purchase 5 licences for a single course for his 5 employees to complete individually.

The managers should then be able to download a report with which members have completed the course and their results.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Student groups

- Trainees can be assigned to one or more Groups,
    - Courses can be assigned to one or more Groups (auto-enrollment)
    - Analysis shows colective results groups (grades, etc)

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. If a quiz is NOT passed, take the student back to the lesson to try again. Currently students have to hit reset, which isn't clear.

When a student doesn't pass a auto graded quiz. The message is displayed at the top telling them they didn't pass. They can look at their questions and see how they did. But it isn't clear to reset to try again.

Maybe have a setting to force the student back to the lesson, and not show them what they got wrong.

Then when they take the quiz again, they will get a new set of random questions from the pool.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk Upload CSV to Populate or Edit Courses, Lessons or Quizzes

I have tons of courses, lessons and quizzes I want to add and the wordpress dashboard is not very friendly to inputting large amounts of data at once because of its segmented back end. This would really help user workflow and setup for a website looking to migrate to your system.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better Analytics and Structure and Information

I have multiple classes, Period 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I really need to be able to see the analytics for just a specific class at times. I also need to be able to see how long a student is actually spending reading a course and taking a quiz so I know if the student is actually trying and not just going straight to the test. It will help to give me a better understanding of what might be going wrong. I also think some charts or something would be nice.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Student Note-Taking

I would like to have an option for students to take notes while they watch the lesson video. They would then be able to submit those notes as part of their coursework. Since I do regular notebook checks anyway I think this could streamline things some. Ideally, these notes would auto-backup to the database so they'd be restored if a user's browser crashed and they needed to return to the lesson. I've seen these note-taking features before on other websites, but I'm not sure how to add them to my site. You can print, email, or save the notes to…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Limit the number of times a quiz can be taken

We need to limit the number of times a student can take a quiz. For example, if they fail the quiz 3 times, they should not be able to take it again. (can make it so that the admin can override this - and reopen... but by default there should be a maximum number of attempts that can be set).

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export Lessons and Quizzes Easily

So right now you have to export everything from your site, the lessons, quizzes, courses, and questions all for one lesson or quiz, etc. Now some of us work with other teachers and collaborate and it makes it difficult for the receiver to have to delete all the unwanted lessons and such. Can you make a quick export for lessons and courses that make it easier to send and use.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Matching: New Type of Question for Quizzes

It'd be great to be able to create matching exercises (two columns, same number of items, one to one relationship) using Sensei.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Learning Paths

A building block approach to learning that helps your students reach their goals. Let's say you have 5 courses all on the same topic but geared towards different levels of learners. 2 of them are for beginners, 2 for intermediate and 1 for experts. If someone completes all 5 courses they have completed that path. Maybe tie it to badges but absolutely necessary for anyone offering any type of certifications, etc....

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sensei mass edit/create: quiz percentage, questions, lessons...

Hi, my first course in Sensei got 54 lessons, and to go individually setting the quiz percentage is almost maddening.

Please make settings for mass edit:
    - Quiz percentage global site or course
    - Mass create lessons (excel table import or something)
    - Mass create quizzes (excel table import or something)
    - Any other mass operations

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Register with course key

To be able to use Sensei at our school students need to be able to register on courses with a course key given by their teacher.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The option to have the quiz load on the same page as the content

Currently the quiz loads on it's own page, but I think it would be handy to at least have the option for the quiz to be loaded on the content page. Especially if students require another review of the content to answer the question. (saves them having to navigate backwards).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Subscribe for all paid courses at once

Make it possible for users not only to buy seperate courses, but also give the opportunaty to buy unlimited access (for a specified amount of time).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Issue with next lessons (percentage)

Hello, i have issue with next lesson buttons. When someone click for next lesson(not finish lesson) it is not counting percentage of course :/ I have rule that after 20% of course member can't get a refund but someone can just click next lesson instead of finish lesson and nothing will be counted. Can you help me with that? Thank you

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - Sensei Course Progress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base