Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Journal type assessment

Students can answer with short answers, not multiple choice and teacher can provide feedback in a tiny box under each question in 140 characters or something like that. Maybe add emoticons to the feedback!

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Courses auto updates with newly purchased courses

When a client purchases off of the list of courses they are currently forced to go back to the Course page to activate the class. Only then does it show in My Courses. It would be less confusing if the My Courses page showed classes that a user has purchased.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable "Guest Checkout" for non-course products

Sensei appears to require purchaser to create an account on checkout. This makes sense for courses, where users will have to log-in to access course content, but not necessarily for other product types. I have a number of products that I'm trying to make as easy to buy as possible, and nothing squelches an impulse purchase like having to create an account. The ability to "enable guest checkout" for non-course products would be grand.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sensei sidebar to display the modules and lessons of current course

A sidebar for use on all course/module/lesson/quiz pages of a course that shows the hierarchical content of that particular course would be nice to provide course overview to the learner. In order to make it possible to add this as a widget to the page template it should be dynamical, because the widget can only be placed once in the page template, but has to a show different content for every course.
    EVery other learning tool provides this kind of dynamic course content sidebar menu and I think Sensei should too.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sensei mass edit/create: quiz percentage, questions, lessons...

Hi, my first course in Sensei got 54 lessons, and to go individually setting the quiz percentage is almost maddening.

Please make settings for mass edit:
    - Quiz percentage global site or course
    - Mass create lessons (excel table import or something)
    - Mass create quizzes (excel table import or something)
    - Any other mass operations

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow admin to manually score/pass users

This feature would allow an admin/manager to manually move a user to the next lesson in a course. This would then allow manual promotion steps.

For example, we would like a step where a user manually submits an essay (another feature already posted that we were going to use Gravity forms to deal with). ---- then once passed, the admin would move them to a "complete" or certificate type lesson.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Drip Feed Content

I'd like the ability to drip feed content, ie lesson one sent out one day, lesson two the next and so on.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Extend auto grading

Auto grading for fill-the-blank. Could have a field with comma delimited acceptable responses.

I've seen a declined request for this feature based on the idea that a fill the blank could have numerous possible answers. Surely the course designer decides what is acceptable?!

Comma delimiting would give the opportunity to address this. Perhaps reporting a list of answers given and their frequency would help the course designer make improvements.

For example, if a question is answered 'incorrectly' with the same answer by many students it would alert the creator to modify the course to either include or explain why it…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Limit ability to purchase a course until the prerequisite has been completed

i'm using WooCommere and Sensei together. What I'd like is the ability to limit customers so they can only purchase a course once they've completed the prerequisite course.

In my specific example I need students to complete a free 'level test' (the prerequisite) before they are able to purchase a certain course. This is to make sure only people at the right level can purchase this course.

At present customers can buy the second course even if they don't pass the prerequisite.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Show all assignments pending grading

Currently on the admin grading page, you have to go through each course in the dropdown and then each lesson within each course to see what needs to be graded. It is extremely tedious. Having a single view of all pending, manually-graded assignments would be helpful.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. add ability to import existing courses from moodle

I have a moodle site to move over. would liike to not retype every question in the quiz - 750 questions.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to remove course registration.

On my site, I offer a lot of free maths resources. It's not viable for to offer courses via Sensei if a visitor has to register every time they want to take a specific lesson.
    Please include an option to allow courses to be freely accessed without logging in.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make it simpler to pay ...! Shorten the steps to pay with woocommerce.

We have too many steps to buy a course.

It should be faster and shorter.

Student should just Press "Buy" - enter name credit card or paypal and pay.

The payment is not obvious now.

Best!
    Laurent

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sensei. The option to duplicate a lesson.

I'm creating a course with over 90 lessons. the content for which is from a form. It would be great to just duplicate the lesson as it's pretty much the same for each one.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Lesson specific "complete lesson" button

Hello

Ive noticed in the sensei plugin, when you include a "complete lesson" button for lessons without Quizzes, the "complete lesson" button still appears on lessons with a quiz.

I dont think this is very logical as you actually want people to take the quizes

So a "complete lesson" button for specific lessons would come in rather usefull

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When taking a "Lesson Quiz," students should be able to see what questions they answered correctly or not.

When taking a "Lesson Quiz," students should be able to see what questions they answered correctly or not. Whether I have the quiz graded automatically or not, the students cannot see which ones they got wrong. Is there an obvious fix for this?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you want students to see which questions they got right/wrong, you need to set Lessons to completed when ‘Completed’ in Sensei > Settings. If it’s set to completed when ‘Passed’ then correct/incorrect answers are hidden to avoid making it too easy.

17. Gift a course to somebody

I'd like to allow users to be able to purchase a course but send it to somebody else to take. This is useful when a company has a corporate account but wants to have different individuals within the company take specific classes.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Course prerequisite

Ability to set a course as requiring the completion (and minimum total score/grade) of one or more other courses (or at least x of y category/categories) before registering/starting

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a better user dashboard!

I'd love to see a more robust account management area similar to buddypress.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multi page lessons

It'd be really helpful to have multi page lessons for topics which may have more than one subsection (for example, Area). It's not useful to have an entire course for Area alone (because that's only a small part of geometry), but the ability to have multiple pages to put subsections in (like Area of a Square, Area of a Circle, etc.) would be really helpful.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base