Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restricted access warning message for attached files

I want to attach .pdf's to my lessons. I can restrict access to the courses, I can restrict access to the lessons, but not to .pdf files. I can attach files by uisng the add media button. But this media get a public URL that leads directly to the .pdf file, whithout any restrictions.

There are password plugins available, but I don't want to use yet another password, because my students are allready logged-in with their password.

When you click on a lesson you have not yet payed for you see a warning message: "! Please purchase the course before…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to add textlectures with attatchments.

I would like to keep some lectures pure text (and images). But keep it hidded til the course is signed up for.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This can be done using the content editor for a lesson and by setting a custom excerpt for the lesson. The custom excerpt ensures that course content is not displayed in any way, on the “lesson listing” screen for a course (if no custom excerpt is set, some lesson text may display in the automated excerpt).

3. Organize answer choices in multiple choice

Several of my lessons assume a certain answer choice structure. As I want to mimic the test they are preparing for, I need to be able to NOT randomize answer choices, but instead put them in ascending or descending (even with variables) order.

Without the option to order the answer choices, sensei cannot be used for about 1/4 of my potential quizzes.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to remove automatically added menu items.

It automatically adds login/logout links and the course/lessons links to the menu. I would like to turn this off.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow variable products in Woo Commerce to link to Sensei courses

For courses that have different paid participation levels, allow those to be created as product variations in Woo Commerce.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to randomize specific lesson quizzes instead of site wide randomization.

It may be possible that users need some quizzes randomized while others may not. It would be nice to have a greater amount of control over the individual aspects of each quiz independent of others.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better Access Control

My assumption upon purchasing Sensei was that access to course content could be restricted to users who actually purchase the course. But it seems I was mistaken. As it turns out, ANY logged-in user can access course content, whether they've purchased that course or not. This strikes me as a huge problem.

I know you can use something like Groups to limit access, but that's not an acceptable solution – it's convoluted and requires purchase of an additional extension: Groups for WooCommerce. Given Sensei's advertised integration with WooCommerce, this kind of access control should be baked-in.

Frankly, I'm nonplussed that…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. preview lesson

I need preview lessons for sensei that are only viewable when people are logged in.

Now all visitors can see the preview lessons.

But, obviously, I want their e-mail address for that. :-) Lesson 1 in marketing!
    Thanks a billion

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make coupon for a free lesson incl quiz

Make coupon for a free lesson incl quiz

Is it possible to make a coupon so that we can give people who register but have not purchased a lesson the chance of following one lesson for free incl the quiz to test their knowledge?

This way we can collect data and have an additional option to convert interested persons into buyers.

I know that you can flag a lesson as free but the use of a coupon would be beneficial

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could you add an option so that students cannot see all of the questions/answers at the end of a quiz, but are just told their score?

Could you add an option so that students cannot see all of the questions/answers at the end of a quiz, but are just told their score? I don't want my entire answer key floating around. Thanks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In analysis; Show and Export First & Last Name, email - not only User Name

In present Sensei 1.4.0 it is not possible in Analysis to see or export anything else than User Name which may be "Bumblebee" or whatever. Would like to be able to export more data like First Last Name, email etc.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I'd really, really, really appreciate a better way of getting the data out of Sensei regarding what my learners have done. I need to send th

I'd really, really, really appreciate a better way of getting the data out of Sensei regarding what my learners have done. I need to send the info to our CME office at the hospital and right now I have to do it using screenshots of the admin webpages! Not very data-entry friendly for the CME person.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sensei Free Partial Courses

I'm not sure if it's a part of the Sensei plugin, but a great addition to this would be to allow part of course to be free and then charge the user a quarter to halfway through a course. This would allow people to at least see some of the lessons and content in the course before determining whether or not they want to purchase the full course.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it easy to export Analytics Data

I need to be able to export the data to csv so I can share the results with clients and stakeholders.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Foldable modules and lessons lists

The possibility to display modules in accordion style or some other foldable style on the course pages. And the same for lessons on module pages. Now it's such a long list sometimes that doesn't provide any overview at all for learners!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow students to enter YouTube links as part of their submitted work, allowing teachers to review and score based on the video.

The idea is best suited to sports applications, where students are learning a particular action (like a golf swing, pool dive or whatever) can upload a video of their progress for teachers to review, score and provide feedback.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to reset a users progress.

For training purposes, lessons often need to be repeated at different periods, some monthly and some yearly. It would be nice to reset a students progress to document they repeated the training when required.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lesson Component Widget for Specific Course

Lesson Component Widget - outputs a list of the latest lessons for a site.

However it should only show a list of lessons for the course on the single lesson page, not all latest lessons for all courses.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export registered students lists

I wonder if it's possible exporting/ printing out the registered students lists, is it?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Option to expand or collapse the modules / lessons

For courses with a lot of modules / lessons. For both the widget and the index page.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base