Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quiz answer explanations

It would be really helpful, especially due to the lack of a forum function, to have the possibility of including explanations for all answers so that when learners see how they did on a quiz/exam after the quiz is corrected, they can read an explanation about why an answer is correct and others incorrect.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the RESET GRADES function in admin area

Since the reset grades function in the admin panel doesn't actually work, this feature should be fixed as its incredibly important for educators.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide lesson comments for non-enrolled users.

I've noticed that logged-in users that haven't purchased the course are able to see the comment threads on each lesson page. The lesson content is hidden, but the comment threads aren't. This makes me a bit uncomfortable, as the comments are where course related questions and answers are discussed – which as far as I'm concerned is part of the course content. It shouldn't be visible "for free" to non-enrolled students.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sensei: add page attribute "menu-order" to courses and give the option to sort courses by menu-order.

My current project is an online "university" for starting a business. Courses should not be ordered by " date DESC " but my client should be able to add a sorting order to courses in a certain category and force the output to orderby menu-order ASC.
    I had to hardcode in the source now to enable this.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Certificate Full Names

Having the learner's First and Last name on the certificate is critical! Since login names can be odd and cryptic (on purpose), the result is not a certificate anyone would want to print and put on the wall. Other LMS systems (like LearnDash) have figured out how to put the First and Last Name on certificates. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sensei will add this. It's just soooooooo obviously important!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. COURSE>LESSON> !TOPIC! 3 level learning

Currently only has 2 levels, need a 3rd level as my classes are technical and need to be broken down within the lesson to be easier for people to go through and track progress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove "Are you sure...?" Dialog when clicking "Add New" button on a published question page

After publishing a question, I often click the "Add New" button at the top of the page to add a new question. Every time, there is a dialog box that asks me if I'm sure I want to navigate away from the page. This would make sense if I had any unsaved changes, but this dialog appears even when there are no changes made to the question.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow gap fill answers to be case sensitive

We run a music school, where "VI" represents a major chord and "vi" represents a minor chord. A toggle for allowing case sensitivity would be convenient.

Probably pretty low in terms of priority, but my director of teaching has requested it. :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Messages pagination doesn't work

Pagination of messages (between student and teacher) doesn't work. When you hit "Next" the "Page not found" appears. Also at your demo site...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please create a plug-in that functions like JigsawBox (or add this to Sensei)

JigsawBox is an online coaching platform that also functions as an e-learning solution, but allows you to have a private communications area for clients. This is almost what Sensei does, except with the ability to have private, one-on-one feedback with the student about each lesson.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Module Title expand/collapse

much like teamtreehouse.com course it would be clean and simple for users to view Modules if there was a way for them to click on the module to expand or collapse the lessons below it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change subject lines (or translate) for email notifications (like grading)

When a user does a quiz which I grade, the student is sent an email with this grade.

This email is in English, but my students are Dutch. These email templates cannot be translated using the standard localisation files or pugin. I do have found the email templates, but the headers and subject line are not included in this. I would be great if I can easily translate or change the subjectlines and headers of the emails my students (and I) get.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add question numbers more conveniently

One of the issues that is become extremely annoying is when I make my test questions up. I cannot see the number of which question. I'm looking at unless I click the edit button and open up the question. That's so cumbersome! Why can't you have the numbers showing on the outside, where we look at the list when we're building our tests? I I make up anywhere from 10 to 15 different questions her lesson. If I want to find out what's in number six, I literally have to count 123456 in order to open it up. It would…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. disable "mark course as complete" button?

Please can someone tell me how to disable this button, its confusing the hell out of the people using the courses, and it serves no purpose.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Integrate Sensei PlugIn with Memberships Extension

This would be very helpful for the growing online training marketplace!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. save_post_meta function is wrong. I have the fix

The function 'savepostmeta' that you can find in both class-woothemes-sensei-course.php and class-woothemes-sensei-lesson.php is wrong.

The line that calls addpostmeta should be replaced with this code:

if (add_post_meta( $post_id, $meta_key, $new_meta_value, true )==false)

update_post_meta( $post_id, $meta_key, $new_meta_value );

Why? Because a call to to 'addpostmeta' fails when the $unique argument is set to true and the custom field already exists. In those cases we should update the custom field.

We had problems with lessons that were already created and we wanted to update them (e.g. the lesson_course was set to NONE and we tried to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Charge after starting test (trial)

It would be great to allow the user to start a course or quiz to see how it is before buying. This also works well for the site owners who can get users engaged into the course or quiz (forcing improved course quality) and have a landing page somewhere in between the course or quiz that will charge to continue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quizzes without grades

Quizzes without grades – why would that be such a great addition to Sense? Well, I will tell you.

If you set up "soft" courses, like in fiction writing, you still want the option to give your learners tasks, like "Describe your characters ambitions" or "Write for five minutes about a strong childhood memory".

It's a bit awkward to grade these kinds of tasks with a number. As a teacher you rather want to just give feedback.

This would be an easy thing to implement for the developers since all the functions for this pretty much already is in place.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sensei + Subscriptions offer perhaps??

Ye mention that Sensei install might also benefit from Subscription Extension install:

http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-subscriptions/

How about an offer for both these extensions bought together??

This would be a nod toward all of us who already are subing to a theme/developers club.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base