Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow course to have more than one Teacher

Like title, give the capabilities to create a course with two o more teachers.

In this way, two teachers can work at the same common project.

Example:

How to make a Course by X and Y
    Lesson 1 by X
    Lesson 2 by Y
    Lesson 3 by Y
    Lesson 4 by X

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Frontend Teacher Interface similar UDEMY

I would like to be able to see the Sensei with the function of Frontend Teacher Interface, so we can build something similar to Udemy or Lynda.

And Sensei Statistics visible in the frontend with shotcodes and more...

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Team Courses

Team managers should be able to register their team to complete a course individually.

For example, when integrated with WooCommerce, a manager could purchase 5 licences for a single course for his 5 employees to complete individually.

The managers should then be able to download a report with which members have completed the course and their results.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Student groups

- Trainees can be assigned to one or more Groups,
    - Courses can be assigned to one or more Groups (auto-enrollment)
    - Analysis shows colective results groups (grades, etc)

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Student Note-Taking

I would like to have an option for students to take notes while they watch the lesson video. They would then be able to submit those notes as part of their coursework. Since I do regular notebook checks anyway I think this could streamline things some. Ideally, these notes would auto-backup to the database so they'd be restored if a user's browser crashed and they needed to return to the lesson. I've seen these note-taking features before on other websites, but I'm not sure how to add them to my site. You can print, email, or save the notes to…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Learning Paths

A building block approach to learning that helps your students reach their goals. Let's say you have 5 courses all on the same topic but geared towards different levels of learners. 2 of them are for beginners, 2 for intermediate and 1 for experts. If someone completes all 5 courses they have completed that path. Maybe tie it to badges but absolutely necessary for anyone offering any type of certifications, etc....

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Register with course key

To be able to use Sensei at our school students need to be able to register on courses with a course key given by their teacher.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add ability to import existing courses from moodle

I have a moodle site to move over. would liike to not retype every question in the quiz - 750 questions.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I'd like to see the ability to add a SCORM-compliant module, PDF viewer

Adding video is great, I'd like to be able to add a 'SCORM-compliant' (actually TINCAN would be better) module to a page that would allow you to run complex HTML-based or Flash-based learning scenarios from Wordpress rather than a CMS such as Moodle.

Other options would be a mp3 audio file (may be possible now, haven't tried yet).

Allow the upload of a PDF, with a nice 'flipbook' viewer and scroll-viewer option

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add ability to branch lesson flow or path

Right now all lessons are available or a linear path can be structured. Difficult to branch lesson path other than with prereq.

How about lesson path dependent on pre test results, or student interest, or based on lesson interaction (story based lesson with branching paths depending on response to situation), or the basic loop to lesson with quiz answers worked out if not done correctly.

This would add a level of interactivity and the course would appear to change to meet the student's needs, rather than a linear presentation of material and practice questions.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quiz : passmark and maximum time for success!

I need to make quiz with timer counting up and give a level of success based on % of good answers AND time to complete.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Class Questions and Answers

I love the idea to have a place for students to ask instructors questions. What I would like to see is a "Q/A" section for each module or lesson (depending on how you want to do your Q/A).

This QA section would allow students to post questions and vote up questions if they have similar questions. The students should be able to post test, images (upload), videos (vimeo, youtube), .pdf, .doc, .pages, or whatever you want to allow them to upload.

There should be an option to allow students to answer other student questions or only allow instructors to answer…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Course "Pass" Expiration

Really need a simple function that on a user completing a course it not only adds the date of completion but importantly allows an expiry date to be added eg. 1 year. This will mean that just before the year is up an email is sent informing the user that they are going to need to resit their test. This will ensure the user is always up to date with the course if it changes in that time or they have forgotten some of it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send an email a month after last login for current members

Send an email a month after last login for current members. Basically add the trigger to use the user's last login date with the sending delay of 1 month or 35 days for all current Subscribers

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Integration with sensei and booking extension

Sensei is a powerful extension of woocommerce, but i have this need/idea:

The idea is integrate the booking extension to enable the lesson/course only on the date/time the user booking the service/course.

In my case, i need this integration because i have a button to an external source, wich is necessary to activate only in the time of booking.

:)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons

Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons developed with such tools as Macromedia Captivate or Litmos. (Lessons are HTML5 or Flash - just need to pass the grade back to the LMS).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better Gradebook

So I would like a better grade book so that way I can get rid of my current grading system. I need to be able to easily type in grades where there would be classes, each class has students, and then there would be sort of like an excel sheet enter in the grades that aren't done in sensei. I still have normal graded assignments that I need to put in. I don't want to create lessons either to just type in a grade. Attendance would be pretty nice too, but lets take this one step at a time I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Import lesson comments to bbpress Form => Topic

Now that we have Buddypress integration (yay!), the final step is to kick-start those empty forums with the discussion already posted by students to existing Sensei lessons.

I've tried a plugin called "bbPress Post Topics" which works beautifully for blog posts. It creates a new "topic" for any post in a forum of your choice, then converts all post comments to "replies" in that forum topic.

It even allows for the appropriate topic to replace the default WP comments system at the end of each post.

The trouble is, it doesn't appear to work with Sensei lessons, I'm guessing because…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sensei- We need that we sell individual lessons for a huge courses.. It's very important

Bumping this idea. We should have the ability to sell individual lessons for a cheaper price point. Original:

"We are looking for a solution where we can sell independent lessons inside a course where the course outline is divided into lessons and students can buy any lesson they want.
    We have a huge course where we will divide the course into lessons, and inside these lessons there will be the topics (it's three levels - Course -> Lesson -> Topics) sensei only has two levels (Course ->Lessons).
    We only need to show a course, and the lessons under that course,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base