Sensei LMS

Ideas and suggestions for features / extensions you’d like to see for Sensei LMS.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pause button sensei drip

Pause Button for Sensei Drip. Students can press "pause" if the go on a holiday or need extra time for the course

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Content Drip  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Course "Pass" Expiration

Really need a simple function that on a user completing a course it not only adds the date of completion but importantly allows an expiry date to be added eg. 1 year. This will mean that just before the year is up an email is sent informing the user that they are going to need to resit their test. This will ensure the user is always up to date with the course if it changes in that time or they have forgotten some of it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a MY CERTIFICATES TAB

Add a MY CERTIFICATES tab to Sensei, so the student can access their certificates and print them out from there anytime they want.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reorganize lessons BETWEEN modules in Order Lessons

Currently, you can only organize Lessons within a Module and not transfer them between Modules. It would be a huge improvement to allow the drag and drop of Lessons wherever you want them in this window. Also, Modules do not appear here unless there is already a Lesson assigned to them. All Modules should appear whether or not they have a Lesson assigned to enable easy drag and drop.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send an email a month after last login for current members

Send an email a month after last login for current members. Basically add the trigger to use the user's last login date with the sending delay of 1 month or 35 days for all current Subscribers

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sensei learner e-mailnotification when quiz is graded manually

I don't want learners to recieve an e-mail every time they complete a lesson or when a quiz is auto graded.

I only want to send an e-mailnotification when a test or assignment is graded manually.

So we need extra option in the settings!

Please vote.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Core  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding Save and Print option on the Graded Quizes

I would like to see Sensei to have the "teacher" have the ability to Save and Print the Graded Quiz for archiving and auditing purposes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add category filter to course listing page

On the course listing/archive page, please add the ability to filter the list based on category along with the "All" and "Featured" filters that already exist. So the options would be "All" "Featured" "Category 1" "Category 2" etc.

Otherwise, why would I bother to put courses into categories?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding a link/button to Print and View the Certificate after passing the quiz

View Certificate LINK or BUTTON, to display on the quiz page after completing the quiz.
    (Right now View Certificate link is displayed on the single course page and in My Courses page under 'Completed Courses').

It takes 3 clicks to get back to the course page and is not obvious to the student that is there. Is also a very small link that says "view certificate" and it does not look like a button. It would be nice that after completing the course/quiz that button to print the Certificate will come up automatically. With the option to View it and…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't use tabs in the UI, because it sucks on mobile devices

Hi.

I would like to request that the learner-profile template, does not use tabs to display the current courses and completed courses, because tab pages suck on mobile devices.

Why not simply display a section with Active Courses, followed by a section with completed courses beneath each other, which would look nicer on mobile devices.

See this example screenshot..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3809836/learner-profile-mobile-device.jpg

PS. It is in Danish.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons

Integrate SCORM-and-AICC-compliant lessons developed with such tools as Macromedia Captivate or Litmos. (Lessons are HTML5 or Flash - just need to pass the grade back to the LMS).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better Gradebook

So I would like a better grade book so that way I can get rid of my current grading system. I need to be able to easily type in grades where there would be classes, each class has students, and then there would be sort of like an excel sheet enter in the grades that aren't done in sensei. I still have normal graded assignments that I need to put in. I don't want to create lessons either to just type in a grade. Attendance would be pretty nice too, but lets take this one step at a time I…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prerequisites in quick edit

Prerequisites should be part of the quick edit function... Having to click in and out of 30+ lessons in a course when modifying a course and

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sensei Quiz point label

The current Sensei Quiz puts the point value for the question directly at the end of the question:

Why is the sky Blue?1

This looks like a typo or a footnote.

It's an easy fix. Add a label before the Point value and put it above the question:

Points Awarded: 1
    What is the color of the sky?

This would also incentivize students...more likely to answer to win points than just having a number there.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Open/Close Dates and Time Duration

Considering Classroom Educators: Allow teacher to set a date on which the test/quiz will be available and a deadline to complete the test. Also, allow teacher to set a length of time to complete. This would be more suited for educators who meet up with their students so their lessons are live. Having the testing and scoring completed online would be terrific.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Extension - Sensei Content Drip  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If a lesson is renamed and the slug is updated to reflect that change the quiz associated with that lesson still uses the old slug.

If a lesson is renamed and the slug is updated to reflect that change the quiz associated with that lesson still uses the old slug. The quiz needs to automatically have its slug updated or a option to manually update the slug for the quiz

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attach certificate to course completion email

It seems logical that you get your certificate as an email attachement when a course is finished. Especially since there is already an email template for completed courses

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Extension - Sensei Certificates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set multiple prerequisites for lesson

I want to create a final quiz which contains some of the questions of all lessons in a course. So i created a lesson "Final quiz" and added all the questions. However sensei only allows to link one prerequisite lesson at a time. I want the students to finish all lessons first before they can take the final quiz

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Question Grade 0 Still Required to Answer

When a multiple choice question is created with the question grade as 0 the user can simply skip the question. We would like the ability to create a 0 grade question, but make it required. At least one of the options must be selected.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Import lesson comments to bbpress Form => Topic

Now that we have Buddypress integration (yay!), the final step is to kick-start those empty forums with the discussion already posted by students to existing Sensei lessons.

I've tried a plugin called "bbPress Post Topics" which works beautifully for blog posts. It creates a new "topic" for any post in a forum of your choice, then converts all post comments to "replies" in that forum topic.

It even allows for the appropriate topic to replace the default WP comments system at the end of each post.

The trouble is, it doesn't appear to work with Sensei lessons, I'm guessing because…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Category - Extension Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base